Does this seat exist?

Marvin711

RFing weight limit of 40lb, fairly tall shell for older child. No rethread harness height adjustment.

I am not familiar with many of the high weight harnessing seats aside from Britax and SK, but figure if there is one like this one of you will know!

ADS

NannyMom

I think the Evenflo Triumph 65 and Evenflo Maestro will be the closest you can get. There are seats that are taller (Radian, True Fit), but many that are shorter. They have no rethread harness, and 40lb RF weight limit.

Marvin711

Ok, going to look those up now! Any major problems/complaints folks have with them?

We have a Radian but it won't work for what I am thinking of trying.

Marvin711

Hmmm. When did the shell height change? Wonder if I looked for an older boulevard on swap...

Trying to find something both of my daughters could share in DH's car for awhile.

sunnymw

NannyMom said:
I think the Evenflo Triumph 65 and Evenflo Maestro will be the closest you can get. There are seats that are taller (Radian, True Fit), but many that are shorter. They have no rethread harness, and 40lb RF weight limit.

I think she meant the momentum, not maestro. :)

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

msg221

The Britax Marathon 70 also has a no re thead harness RF. Some on here have said that the shorter shell may not make a difference, depending on the slope of your vehicle seats.

If you look for an older BLVD, then you won't get the 40 lb. RF weight limit.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What are the age/sizes of the kids in the question? I have a rf'ing BV70 that both my 4yr old and 2yr old can use...but my 4yr old is a peanut so I do know he is the exception rather than the norm.

Marvin711

Girls are 6 months, 16 lbs. and 3 years 3months, 28-30lbs - don't have their heights. On other seats to give you an idea of the torso length, oldest is even with top slots of CCO, just moved to top slots on MA, next to the top slot on the XTSL... younger is on second slots of MA and CCO, I think.

DD1 normally rides FFing but doesn't mind RFing in DH's car. Generally all three kids are not in his car, and never for long trips, so my thought is to put two seats in there, one that both girls fit into and one that my older DS (almost 7) and DD1 would both fit into (Frontier). That would give us options depending on who was in that car on any given day. On the rare occasion all three were in there, sometimes on Sundays for church, I am thinking RSTV or Bubblebum for DS. Or maybe it is possible that he would 5 step in center
(2009 Honda Accord)...probably not though and not sure I would let him ride that way anyway.

BTW - If this works totally kicking myself for buying the PinkSky Frontier, may need to exchange it for a CowMoo. :(

Kat_Momof3

well, the one I can think that would best suit what you're looking for would be the Safety 1st Complete Air, but keep in mind that it has to be installed fully reclined to 45*... it isn't allowed to be installed more upright.

Marvin711

If you install the marathon RF, how much room is there above your 3 yo's head?

Good question. I am going to try that today when she wakes up from nap. Honestly, probably wouldn't be the end of the world to just use the MA for a little while in DH's car. Would have to rethread but it isn't too hard on that seat. And I would get the CCO! :D

monica-m

CPST Instructor
You could look at the new Dorel seats at BRU. I just made a thread about them. The Alpha Elite 65 might fit what you're looking for if you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC