Piddle pad

bnsnyde

Is there a certain brand that is acceptable? For a Chaperone?

I swore off ANY after market products, but I wanted to ask about this one due to some horrific incidents lately involving diapers (yes, despite my best efforts).

We own the Kiddapottamus kind, by the way, that we have in the swings and bouncer.

Last edited:
ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I use a prefold (flat cloth diaper) in my son's Radian. He's almost 3 and newly potty trained. I just put it under his butt and it comes even about to the top of the belly pad around his crotch. I don't have to adjust the harness tightness at all to have it in there, and it's basically the same as if he were wearing a cloth diaper so I'm completely comfortable with it.

If you got a preemie or newborn size prefold, I'm sure it would easily fit in the Chaperone the same way.

NatesMamma

I've done the same as PP with a prefold diaper, but I actually found that a reusable changing mat works better because it has a waterproof back. The ones I use are Mommy's Touch brand (IIRC) and are actually a little thinner than a diaper. There's a very slightly absorbant layer backed with waterproof PUL used in cloth diapers. No harness adjustment needed.

If you don't mind gaining the disposable route, I had good luck with the puppy pads in my local Wal Mart's pet section.

KaiLing

While I am on board with a no-aftermarket-products policy, my kid's cotton diapers were HUGE, and I think anything under a kid that is less than that is fine. I mean seriously, they were inches thick in parts. It doesn't get in the way of tightening the straps, like a jacket, you know?

I had a rear facing, pre-verbal, potty trained 20 month old and no mirror to see signing. Oh my was there pee in the seat. I used wool pants (also rather fluffy) with gerber undies. If you're open to the world of wool, you could make a piddle pad with an old wool sweater that would be as thick as my kid's pants. (But wool is a weird old fashioned cloth diapering thing that freaks people out.)

DahliaRW

I find that a prefold under my daughter takes up more room than the piddle pad (as in if I put her in with it in, tighten, take her out, remove it, and put her back in - the straps are barely looser with the piddle pad. Quite a bit looser with the folded prefold). Based on this I feel perfecty fine with the piddle pad.

dneul

If you don't mind gaining the disposable route, I had good luck with the puppy pads in my local Wal Mart's pet section.

I have done this and it works great. If there are accidents- I just tossed the whole pad and was done with it. They usually have 2 sizes and I would get the smallest size for small breed puppies. I believe a pack was around $5.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC