Need LOTS of help please, Re: ERF seats in Aus

Joddle

Hi everyone.
We have finally organised an official petition to send to the state parliaments regarding manufacturers making ERF seats in Australia (because they are in the standard, but no company makes them yet.)
It would be amazingly helpful if as many of you as possible could sign this to help with our quest!
Your email address won't be shared/visible.
You don't have to add your location unless you want to.
A small comment would be great to add strength to the petition.
Thanks in advance guys, we all really appreciate it!
:love:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/australia-needs-type-d-rear-facing-toddler-car-seats.html

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Seems like the easiest thing would be to petition the government to allow the importation and use of seats certified for use in certain other countries. Then maybe the manufacturers would start to feel the pressure of competition.

Then again, governments rarely do anything that makes sense. :thumbsdown:

Joddle

Thanks guys :love: They say we need 10000 signatures for the government to take notice so we need all the help we can get!

Seems like the easiest thing would be to petition the government to allow the importation and use of seats certified for use in certain other countries. Then maybe the manufacturers would start to feel the pressure of competition.

Then again, governments rarely do anything that makes sense. :thumbsdown:

Yes, that would be easiest lol! But in Australia the standard isn't just a "pass these tests" sorta thing, its a design standard as well, so it has to have the top tether while RFing and stabilising bar etc. It also tests for genital forces and other things as well so they'd have to majorly modify any seat they imported anyway to pass all these things. :thumbsdown:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think that some very few modifications could actually be made to some of the Swedish seats (my Belogic has an anti-rebound bar AND a foot prop AND RF tether, for instance... Though the tether works differently, wouldn't be TOO hard to change... And the genital forces thing can be solved pretty easily with a V-strap for the crotch buckle, I think) and they wouldn't take too extensive of a redesign... But those are just my thoughts.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think some go to 18 kg- but are often outgrown by height before that. My long-torsoed kids would not have done well. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC