My DD gave the best carseat opening line yesterday

morninglori

DD does martial arts regularly at a gym. Having been there for a while, I've gotten to know some of the other parents and kids - and I also get to see their CRS usage - good and bad.

I have done a few private checks - bunches of 5-step checks and in most cases it was easy to open up the topic and then share that I am a tech, but this one family was more difficult because they only did one class, and we do two, so they leave earlier. This family has 3 kids, 4mo, FF2.5yo and 5yo. I have noticed their 3 across in a LandRover and it looks OK, but I have wondered if she had it checked yet. The 2.5yo is also tiny and could definitely be RF, but I have not been able to even start any conversation. I figured I would just be patient.

Well yesterday, they stayed for jujitsu and DD wrestled with her DS and we ended up leaving at the same time and were parked next to each other. DD and her DS's were all waving good bye and our windows were open. DD then said (loud enough), "Mom those seats look funny, I think you need to check them." I told her "Sweetie, I don't need to check them, I'm sure they are fine."

I then apologized to the mom and told her that my DD said that because she knows I help other parents with their carseats and that I am a Tech, and that's why DD said what she did. Well, the mom told me that she was always a little worried about her install and so I told her that I would be happy to help reassure her and do a private check during the next classes. So now I get to search the 3across thread for LandRover and Recaro before Wednesday.

So I just wanted to give props to my DD for her carseat icebreaker.:thumbsup:

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Awesome. I wish I had a verbal little munchkin the other day at lunch when I saw a newborn in an infant seat with: loose straps, "belly clip" actually touching the crotch buckle, and those big puffy teddy-bear shaped strap covers. :( All I could really do was hope the family wasn't in an accident... it bugged me all through lunch as I tried to think of some way to speak to them without sounding like I was judging their parenting skills. Nothing came to mind. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC