How low is too low? (harness strap question)

dingohate

My son and daughter share a seat in our 2nd car as we can't get 2 RFing seats in it. I use it when I am going out with just one of them. Sometime's that's my 18m DD and sometimes my 3yo DS. As it turns out nothing with a "no rethread harness" worked as a share seat and we ended up with a Graco MyRide65, which I love.

My question is this: When my son rides in it, I have to move the harness up a slot to be below his shoulders, but what if I just left it on my DD's setting (which is the next one down) Is that TOO low? What are your thoughts on this?

ADS

Pixels

The MyRide manual just says "one of the ... slots at or below the child's shoulders." So as long as the harness isn't falling off his shoulders, it's fine. The other potential problem is not having enough harness length to go around him, but as long as he fits, he fits.

dingohate

The harness is definitely not falling off his shoulders at all. I just wasn't sure if it was safe to use the next setting vs the one that would be closest and still fit the requirement. Great news! Thanks :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC