Anyone know when the new CCOs are going to be available?

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
On their Facebook page they've been saying late August/early September... I did notice they replied to one post that they had received an order last week and were starting to fill backorders to their retailers.... so hopefully soon!

gigi

I'm surprised no one has them for pre-order yet, given that is only a few weeks away! I can't wait!

teekadog

Is there even going to be any brouhaha over this release? I thought I read on their facebook that the only way to tell if you're getting a newer model is if the retailer states a 3lb minimum weight, not a 5lb minimum weight.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
teekadog said:
Is there even going to be any brouhaha over this release? I thought I read on their facebook that the only way to tell if you're getting a newer model is if the retailer states a 3lb minimum weight, not a 5lb minimum weight.

There are other changes but that's the main one, and the one retailers are most likely to list if they don't put all the features.

I personally don't think there are enough changes to warrant waiting for unless you're expecting a very tiny baby or want a really new DOM.

Kobain's Mommy

I hope they sell the grip strips for the older seats so I can put it on DH's leather seats. Although I'm thinking for Christmas DD will be getting a CCO.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
There are other changes but that's the main one, and the one retailers are most likely to list if they don't put all the features.

I personally don't think there are enough changes to warrant waiting for unless you're expecting a very tiny baby or want a really new DOM.

I don't really get the weight change... I mean, it's cool to have a 3 pound seat, but are there really 3 pound babies being discharged from the NICU? Everyone I've ever known with a preemie has been at least 5# before they were able to go home.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't really get the weight change... I mean, it's cool to have a 3 pound seat, but are there really 3 pound babies being discharged from the NICU? Everyone I've ever known with a preemie has been at least 5# before they were able to go home.

Yes. I have known of at least 4 3.5 to not-quite-4 lb. babies that were discharged, personally. I also know of MANY discharged at or just over 4 lbs. Not every NICU has a 5 lb. policy. Also I think the insert being in 2 pieces is supposed to be better for preemies and other floppy babies?

gigi

I want a new one a) for the grip strips, b) for the DOM, and c) because i'm having a hard time locating a cherry pie at all. So for me waiting is worth it unless I happen upon a CCO in a clearance aisle, which would be AWESOME.

teekadog

I guess what I mean is, are any retailers going to be WE HAVE THE BRAND NEW COCCORO VERSION! or is stock just going to be refreshed and consumers won't know what they have until they have it, ie. what do the headwings on your RNXTSL look like???

Am I making sense? I feel like some manufacturers make little changes that consumers don't realize until they're in their hands, and I don't know where the new CCO will fall with this. Yes, there are many little changes, but it's still the same seat. I almost don't care which version I get but... I've lost too many fingernails to LATCH hook connectors :eek:

sunnymw

Isn't the new one supposed to have premium latch?

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Cryssy Jane

sunnymw said:

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Yes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kobain's Mommy

It varies by NICUs, but I know the one my MIL worked at was 5lbs because at the time it was rare to even find a car seat that was under 5lbs. She had said there were babies ready to go before that but because they didn't weigh enough for the seat they couldn't release them.

SeattleRain

If I have the old CCO, can I order the premium latch strap for my seat or am I stuck with these non-premium ones. I hate these latch hooks :-(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC