Why don't they make boosters

tjham

so they stay together unless you want them to come apart? Like have a button to PUSH if you WANT them to come apart.

I get so tired of picking up a booster and having it come apart when I am in a hurry and have to fit the little prongs just so to put it back together.

What booster seats don't do this? I am in the market for a few more.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Chicco Strada. I bought one for ds specifically to send to day camp with him. I wanted one that wouldn't come apart. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. The narrow lapbelt path was a bit tricky for ds at first, the cupholder snaps on the side instead of stowing like most others these days, and the cover shows every drop of water. Otherwise, it's quite nice.

aeormsby

Our Parkway (SGL) doesn't come apart - you have to unfold it to a certain position and then slide the bottom to the side to get it apart.

tjham

Well, good. Thanks! It looks like I will have lots of choices! I have a TB, an Air Booster and a FP booster. The TB and FP are what I have the most trouble with.

I have 2 Nautilus seats, still in harness mode. We're almost ready to make them boosters so that's good to know that they stay together well!

DahliaRW

Yup, parkway sg (or sgl) stays together. In fact I had trouble figuring out how to get the back on after being used to the turbobooster.

Kat_Momof3

the evenflo boosters, recaros, the chicco strada all stay together.

the monterey is a little harder, but if you carry it a certain way, it's solid (pick it up by the armrests and have the head portion tilted toward you.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Compass :D.

I was roflmao the other day when I read the box for the Turbo... 'separates easily to become a backless booster' or something like that, it was very descriptive of how the dang thing falls apart :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC