Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Between 4-5

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • 5+

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
ADS

Brianna

J is 22 months and still rear facing. He FF once because mom had to put his seat in a 2 door car and it wouldn't fit RF. He'll be turned forward when he outgrows his My Ride.

tiggercat

If we have more than one kid, vote for the longest? Shortest? Youngest?

Greg was FF well before a year (Canada in 2000), Megan FF'd at 2 (no seats above 30 lb RF avail), Sam is still RF at 2, will probably keep him RF another year or so.

ginny4

i have no more Rfers

DS1 & 2 (born 1999 & 2000) were both FF before 1yo. more like 9months
DD (born 2004) went FF at about 16months
DS3 (born 2006) went FF at 26/28months when he outgrew his Rfing seats (33/35lb limits)

i voted based on my youngest

Aurezalia

Of the kiddos that ride in my car, one is 2.5 and is still RF'ing... will probably RF another 2 years with me.
The other is 4, he switched FF on his 4th birthday, but then asked to flip rear-facing again.

sweetfeet

I voted 3-4 because I averaged my 2 kids. :p My now 9 year old rode rear facing in her marathon until 2½ and my now 4½ year old rode rear facing until he was 4. I'm especially proud that Sophie rear faced so long back then. She finally maxed out the height on her marathon and had to turn, but that was pretty good for back then. I realize it wasn't THAT long ago but the awareness is out there more than it was back then.

zactayaus

DS1 (born in 1990) was switched to FF at only 6m old!:eek: That is what was recommended back then.:(

DD (born 1998) was switched at about 18 or 19 months cause that's when she hit 20lbs.

DS2 (born 2003) was switched at 14 months cause that's when he hit 20lbs.

DS3 is 2y 3m and is still RF. My goal for him is 3yo.

MorgieBear'sMama

DD was switched at 9 months when we moved her from the infant seat, she probably didn't weigh 18lbs :eek: Now almost 7 years later I cannot imagine FF'ing a baby under 3 or 30lbs.

misstj9

i voted based on my oldest two kids....:(

DS1 was FF at 15 months and 19/20 lbs....
DS2 was FF at 12 months and 20 lbs...

I didn't understand that it was a MINIMUM to be that age/weight and not a requirement. The convertible I had that both of them used was an Evenflo something (can't remember kind, don't have it anymore) but I bet I could have RF'd them to 30 lbs! (which would have been age 4 for my oldest!)

DD is still RF and I'm sure she'll make it to 3.5.... then it will depend on what seat I buy to replace her expiring Blvd with!

oh, how much i've learned in the last 4 years!! :)

Phineasmama

DD was almost 4 years old when we turned her FFing.

DS is 2 1/2 and will still be RFing for a while, as will the newbie.

ETA: Okay I forgot my DD was actually FFing for a couple months when she was around 2 years old, she had outgrown the RF height on her RA40 and DS was still in the infant bucket. When I found 2 Marathons on clearance at Target we moved her back RFing and put DS in the RA40.

lourdes

I turn my daugther when she was almost 2 but after doing some research and finding sites like this one we made the decision of going RF again, after 1 year FF now she is RF since 2 weeks ago @ 3.4 y/o

twinsmom

I FF at 12 months:eek:; then I found this site and re-RF at 3 years. They RF in their Multi-Techs until 5.5 years old.

Simplysomething

If we have more than one kid, vote for the longest? Shortest? Youngest?

Greg was FF well before a year (Canada in 2000), Megan FF'd at 2 (no seats above 30 lb RF avail), Sam is still RF at 2, will probably keep him RF another year or so.

I picked the one that made me look better. ;)

Ds1, he was forward facing before a year. There WERE seats that went beyond 22 lbs rear-facing then (2001), but they were not readily available to me (as in, they didn't sell them at walmart). Most seats at the time topped out at 20 lbs --his convertible seat went to 20 lbs (it was a century OHS!), his infant seat--went to 22 lbs. He was 27 lbs at a year (he's only 71 lbs at 11).

Ds2 ff at 2.5. He had...um, not grown out of the seat rear-facing (he was 25 lbs, his seat went to 33). He's 6 now, and still hasn't outgrown it forward facing (he's just about to, height wise), and will be moving into a booster soon.

BananaBoat

I didn't vote because both my kids are RF still.

DD1 is 3 yo, 30lbs & RF in her TFP. We will go to the limits of the seat RF & (hopefully) have a XTSL for her to RF until 4 yo. DD2 is only 2 weeks old & I'd also like to get her until at least 3 yo, preferably 4 yo RF.

scoutingbear

The only one we turned was C and that was at 25 months when he outgrew the existing seats on the US market by weight for RFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC