05 Sienna? 08 T&C?

Chely7425

Both of these vans are for sale near us, and I think are worth taking a look at. The seats I would need in them are Nauti, Radian (RFing 3rd row in either), CCO, and KF. Thoughts on these seats in either of these vehicles? Thoughts on these vehicles in general?

ADS

Mags462

I have a 2005 Sienna and :love: it!

I currently have in my car seat rotation a Nauti, 2 TF's, Monterey, and TB - but have have owned a CCO, a Radian, an RA50, a BT FlexLoc and a SR35.... all installed just fine. I have also installed just about every main stream seat on the market in my quest to find the perfect seat, but the above i actually owned and used for at least 2 weeks. :p Some take more work than others (eg the Radian in the captains chairs) but all are doable. The latch anchors are SOOO easy to access that i use latch 90% of the time, but the seats install well with the seat belt as well.

Personally i would choose the Toyota over the Chrysler all the way! :)

Mags462

Oh and my Sienna was high mileage when we bought it 2.5 years ago - it had 76K when we bought it in 2009, but we also knew it was a Toyota so that didn't phase us. It has always run like a dream, and continues to do so. It now has 96K and we just changed the water pump/timing belt (routine maintenance rec'd by the manny) which cost us $750, but it won't have to be done again until 180K.

So if the Toyota has around that 90K mark i would definitely make sure they either change the timing belt or cut the cost to factor in your having to do that ASAP. :D

Chely7425

Good to know :) We weren't planning to buy before November but the Sienna is 8995 which is a really good deal for around here IF the mileage isn't horrendous and it hasn't been crashed...

Aurezalia

It now has 96K and we just changed the water pump/timing belt (routine maintenance rec'd by the manny) which cost us $750, but it won't have to be done again until 180K.

I just have to say that this GREATLY confused me for a minute. "Wait a second, why is she doing routine maintenance based on when the male nanny tells her to do it? That doesn't even make any sense!" Then I finally figured it out. :ROTFLMAO:

Chely7425

I just have to say that this GREATLY confused me for a minute. "Wait a second, why is she doing routine maintenance based on when the male nanny tells her to do it? That doesn't even make any sense!" Then I finally figured it out. :ROTFLMAO:

Only you Sarah... only you...

Mags462

What is the LATCH/tether set up in the 05 Sienna? What is a good mileage for a 6 year old vehicle?

I have a 7 seater so i don't know what the tether/anchor situation is on the 8th seat.... but there are 4 latch/anchor spots. The only seat without it is the 3rd row outboard drivers side. But I frequently use a RF seat in that position without issue. It installs very well because the belts come out of the wall in the cargo area.

As far as mileage it just depends - the average person drives 15K per year or so..... so right around 90K for an average driven van. BUT less or more than that wouldn't phase me. As long as the water pump/timing belt has been taken care of you should be good to go.

Mags462

:ROTFLMAO: I had to read your interpretation 2 or 3 times to get where you could think a male nanny came in to play if it makes you feel any better!!! ;)

Chely7425

Good to know Mags :) I am going to go look at it on Monday... is 9K a good price or no? It seems like it is for around here but this is my first time buying a used car...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Dude, go for the Sienna ;)

We looked at both last year. I loved the Sienna and was just "meh" about the T&C. The manny looked very comfortable in it though ;)

Aurezalia

Dude, go for the Sienna ;)

We looked at both last year. I loved the Sienna and was just "meh" about the T&C. The manny looked very comfortable in it though ;)

I don't know why I even put myself into this situation. :ROTFLMAO: You too, Anna?! You're all evil! :p

Mags462

Good to know Mags :) I am going to go look at it on Monday... is 9K a good price or no? It seems like it is for around here but this is my first time buying a used car...

Depends on the mileage and trim level - just for kicks i put my specs in to KBB to check for a trade in value (which is a pretty good indicator of what the dealership has invested in it!) and :eek: my van is worth 13K. It's an XLE with running boards, a DVD system, and window shades - but no leather, no sunroof, no spoiler. Holy crap! 9K snatch that sucker up!!!! ;)

Mags462

I think my only hesitancy with the Sienna is that it is 3 years older... ya know?

Honestly 3 years older in a Sienna is nothing. How many miles does the Chrysler have?? The Sienna had a LONG run with the same body style 2004-2010 essentially so they all look the same and are a known product. I hear pretty good things about the older Chryslers but when they switched to the newer style all i hear about are problems. :(

And just for kicks i priced out a bottom of the line Sienna with 96K miles on the TIV and it's 9K so unless there is something wrong with it i would buy it Monday ;)

Chely7425

Thanks Mags :) I will go look at it on Monday and see!! We weren't planning to buy till November, and then we were going to pay it all off with our taxes in February, so this would add 3 more car payments but if it's a good deal on a good van then it would be worth it probably...

Chely7425

KBB suggests that 13,500 is a good price for a base model Sienna in excellent condition so... if nothing is wrong with this perhaps I should seriously consider buying it...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That is a great price to me, but of course stuff is more expensive here. The ones we saw were all double that.

I would definitely buy the Sienna out of those two choices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC