Recommend a winter coat?

dingohate

Last year we got my 2yo, average build DS a "Carson Cutie" Columbia jacket and I LOVED IT... but the size ran a little small and I bought him a size 3. This year I'd have to buy him a size 4, which is the biggest size for that model but because it ran small I would prefer to get something else entirely.

Any recommendation for car seat friendly winter coats? I am just looking for something fleece, so preferably I don't want to spend more than 40.00-50.00

TIA!

ADS

dingohate

We got this one for DS and really liked it. Winter here is pretty mild. What is winter like for you?

It can get pretty brutal (Ontario) but for the 10 seconds that we go from house to car and vv the fleece + hat and mits etc. has served us well. Obviously if he's going out to play etc. He wears a full winter jacket (which I normally buy at Costco as a snowsuit set)

The link you posted didn't work, but noticed it's at Land's End. Going to check out their offerings :)

Athena

This was a question I needed help with in the past too. :)

We're using the Lands End 300 weight fleece. We started with the 200 and they were nice, but the 300 seems quite a bit warmer and better for the harsh wintertime. We used the 300 last winter and plan to continue this winter (hopefully with the same jacket :)) and if you have any problems, they guarantee everything and their customer service is awesome.

Just looked hoping to post the link, but I don't see them on their site. I'm hoping they just are not out yet because I really like them. With my luck, they were probably discontinued. You might want to call to ask. It was called the Thermacheck 300. Good luck!

dingohate

Thanks Athena - I took a look and also didn't see it either but will keep my peepers peeled throughout Aug/Sep. After that we'll NEED to get something here LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC