Advice on cleaning TF shell

Bansheefaerie

Does anyone have advice on cleaning the shell of a True Fit? We just got back from Yosemite and I was switching out the TF for the Radian XTSL. The TF has chocolate milk in the plastic nooks and crannies.

ADS

sunnymw

The tf can be a pain to clean. Just strip off the cover, wash it, and wipe out the shell with a wet cloth. It's tedious but doable.

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Dorothy

I just cleaned ours. I used a vaccum, damp cloth and dry toothbrush/q tips to get in the LATCH storage recesses. HTH

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Mags462

Yes to all of the above....

Normally i can get it pretty clean simply with an angled nozzle attachment on my vacuum, then i sit down and use a damp cloth in the latch storage area (just spray it down really well with a cleaner, then stuff a cloth in there!). Finally i use a qtip to clean the yellow plastic crotch buckle are because having little crumbs in the lettering drives me NUTS :p

mom22boys

CPS Technician
I just did this last night, after de-skunking DS1's seat from a nasty incident involving milk, pretzels and puke. I used a 20/80 mix of vinegar and water and a couple of drops of dawn dish soap. Paper towels and the bottle brush helped with the nooks and crannies. And I DID use a tooth brush on that sliding crotch strap bit.

I'm impressed by how well it cleaned up. Of course DS2 then spit up on the straps today... of course.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC