AMAZING car seat usage in "The Change Up"

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
No spoilers. :)

BUT I was shocked at the car seat usage. The one daughter who is probably supposed to be around five was in the Cybex Solution XFix (I think). http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cybe...8M8TsSDG8Hy0gHg_o3JAw&zoom=1&biw=1024&bih=690

The babies who are probably supposed to be 9-12 months were rear facing in a Strawberry Shake and Cool Mint CCO with tight straps AND proper chest clip!! The infant insert was in, but it was such a quick glance. I'm not sure how long you can leave infant inserts in with CCOs.

I had to give a big :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to this one. :D:love:

ADS

Kac

:thumbsup: About time something on tv showed proper usage!

Seriously :D

I always like to look on movies and TV shows with little ones. This was by far the best one I have seen.

Oh and it made me want a CCO even more. :eek:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow that's great! And wow that they had such obscure seats--must have been a car seat freak involved with that movie ;)

Kac

Wow that's great! And wow that they had such obscure seats--must have been a car seat freak involved with that movie ;)

I was thinking the same thing! I immediately said to my mom, "OMG those are great carseats." she just doesn't understand like you guys do.

creideamh

WOW that is awesome! (As a side note, has anyone seen the TV commercial for the new Odyssey linked to by girlsgonechild.net with the girl in the FR sporting a belly clip and the boy, about the same age, in nothing at all with the belt cutting into his neck?)

monica-m

CPST Instructor
We saw it last night. DH asked about the X-Fix after the movie. He knows all about the CCO since we have one ;)

crunchierthanthou

cool! I'm not familiar with the show at all, but that's great.

The babies who are probably supposed to be 9-12 months were rear facing in a Strawberry Shake and Cool Mint CCO with tight straps AND proper chest clip!! The infant insert was in, but it was such a quick glance. I'm not sure how long you can leave infant inserts in with CCOs.

must use it to 15 lbs, may use it to 20.

IIRC, the redesign is supposed to have a two piece insert.

BabyKaykes

crunchierthanthou said:
cool! I'm not familiar with the show at all, but that's great.

must use it to 15 lbs, may use it to 20.

IIRC, the redesign is supposed to have a two piece insert.

But can't use it after 20lb.

Awesome sighting....much better than the lady who tossed her infant into a FF bucket and sped off in Parking Wars. DH never says anything, but did that time.

Kac

I bet they were under twenty. So yay!

I want to see the movie again just two see the two scenes with car seats. Lmao.

Brianna

I saw the CCOs and i was like OMG! I was at the drive-in with my boyfriend who doesn't know about my car seat obsession yet :ROTFLMAO:

Kac

I saw the CCOs and i was like OMG! I was at the drive-in with my boyfriend who doesn't know about my car seat obsession yet :ROTFLMAO:

Lol. Thats too funny. Drive in?! I wish we still had those near me.

Brianna

Lol. Thats too funny. Drive in?! I wish we still had those near me.

My whole life it's been 10 minutes from where I live. I never realized until I mentioned it online on another forum that they're pretty darn hard to find.

Dillipop

My whole life it's been 10 minutes from where I live. I never realized until I mentioned it online on another forum that they're pretty darn hard to find.

We have one less than 10 minutes from us as well. Unfortunately we don't get there very often.

I can't wait to see the change up. I was on the site the other day and there is an R rated preview and it looks hilarious. Glad they took some time to get seats right.

hedgefun

But can't use it after 20lb.

Awesome sighting....much better than the lady who tossed her infant into a FF bucket and sped off in Parking Wars. DH never says anything, but did that time.

Lurker interjecting here (a few days behind, I know). Quite unfortunately, if this was an episode from Philly, I'm not surprised. I think I see more kids not in seats or with seats impoperly used here more than anywhere else I've ever lived.

Last edited:

badkitty

Wow.. That is pretty awesome!! More often than not, I'm shaking my head at tv shows. There is a commercial for a certain insurance company where they describe this couple as safety nuts or something like that. I glance up to see them showing a baby in a carseat and say out loud, well, that chest clip is in the wrong place! Pretty bad for an insurance company!

I tried to find the clip online, but can't. I could be completely wrong, but it didn't look right to me.

I didn't realize girlsgonechild blogger had a commercial now. I stumbled on her blog a couple of months ago and I have looked at it once or twice. Hopefully someone will teach her proper seat usage.

creideamh

I didn't realize girlsgonechild blogger had a commercial now. I stumbled on her blog a couple of months ago and I have looked at it once or twice. Hopefully someone will teach her proper seat usage.

Oh, I don't think it's her commercial... she just stuck the Youtube video in one of her posts talking about minivans. It's Honda's commercial. Sigh.

badkitty said:
Wow.. That is pretty awesome!! More often than not, I'm shaking my head at tv shows. There is a commercial for a certain insurance company where they describe this couple as safety nuts or something like that. I glance up to see them showing a baby in a carseat and say out loud, well, that chest clip is in the wrong place! Pretty bad for an insurance company!

I tried to find the clip online, but can't. I could be completely wrong, but it didn't look right to me.

I saw that commercial it for Allstate I commented to my DH that the "safety consequences parents" should have the kid RF and the chest clip up on her chest

CrazyBoysMamma

I saw that commercial it for Allstate I commented to my DH that the "safety consequences parents" should have the kid RF and the chest clip up on her chest

Glad I wasn't the only one that was annoyed by that commercial! I got all snarky like "umm, no, if they gave a crap about safety they'd be using their seat right!" DH just rolls his eyes....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC