What highback boosters require vehicle head support?

luckyclov

Judi's thread about the Boost Air Protect Booster Booster Booster Car Seat Booster got me wondering...

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Kat_Momof3 said:
all dorel dedicated boosters... that's it.

Pretty sure all Dorel combo seats do, too. At least the Apex. I could be wrong.

I don't know about the Dreamtime.

Kat_Momof3

nope, just the Apex... the other combo seats don't have the headrests that are like a regular booster (except maybe the Intera, but I don't know if it has the usual dorel rule)

as for the dreamtime, nothing about needing vehicle support was mentioned in the carseatblog reviews... and that's something they ALWAYS mention with the dorel boosters... so if it were a rule, I'm sure they would have stated it.

luckyclov

So, what exactly is it that makes it require vehicle head support?

I mean, yeah, they're uber flimsy...but what is it about Dorel boosters vs. say, a PWSG (also a bit "flimsy"), that makes it require the additional support?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So, what exactly is it that makes it require vehicle head support?

I mean, yeah, they're uber flimsy...but what is it about Dorel boosters vs. say, a PWSG (also a bit "flimsy"), that makes it require the additional support?

There was a commentary in SafeRideNews that seats surprisingly don't do much to provide whiplash protection, I think Dorel is somehow the only company that is just honest about it.:twocents:

luckyclov

There was a commentary in SafeRideNews that seats surprisingly don't do much to provide whiplash protection, I think Dorel is somehow the only company that is just honest about it.:twocents:
Go figure.:rolleyes:

I've always wondered, especially with the PWSG. DS1 rides in one in my car and I've always made sure the vehicle headrest works with it. It just makes me feel better.

Pixels

Pretty much this.

When they are going through crash testing, seats are tested for whiplash protection, but only with the largest dummy that is usable for the booster AND still has the head supported by the vehicle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC