Leapster???

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have one?

If so what is the difference between the

Leapster ------ and the ------ Leapster Multimedia Learning System?
45C2B71B_1c.jpg
EC6AD06F_1c.jpg

does anyone know?

My DS is wanting to play video games on DH's x-box but they are way to advanced for him and I don't really want him playing it. I don't really want anything on the TV and liked the idea of hand held so that it could be something special for long car rides which we will be taking at the beginning of July.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nothing, same thing. It's the L-Max that would be different, more expensive, plays on the TV, games cost more (but all the games are compatible with either system). We've had a couple of them for like 4 years now, tons of games, love them! Mr Pencil is totally the favorite game, I guess because it's not pretending to teach anything 'academic', which my kids are old enough to rebel against now, lol.

:)

PS, oh yeah, they are a different shape... I think the green one is a tad smaller and easier to hold (we have the pink one, smaller than the standard blue one, lighter, too).

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
My DD has the first pic. She loves it. Keeps her occupied in the car. That's all we really use it for. There are some really neato Leapster games that my DD has. Can't comment about the other one. I don't know what that is :p

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My niece has the hand-held V-Smile. Every time we visit my brother my kids end up playing with the V-Smile the whole time we're there. I don't want one at my house for that exact reason, but I've really considered getting one for traveling only. Then I realized, I'd have to buy 3 of them to avoid arguments, and DH says 'no way!' to that! :p

amy919

Kaylie has the one in the first pic in pink. She loves it. It keeps her occupied on long car rides and I much prefer here playing that instead of watching a movie. She also takes it to school for rest time. I highly recommend it! The games aren't cheap, but Target has great sales on them every now and then where you get a $5 gift card for every game you buy.

Amy

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We have the L-Max and my 6 year old daughter loves it! She is actually using it right now. We have only used the tv connection once and that was in the car on a long road trip. But they are great and have lots of fun games that really are geared towards the younger age group.

Ahzryn

The one on the left was released as an upgrade to the one on the right. It's smaller and easier to hold, BUT the screen is also smaller, and it comes with fewer games built in for some reason :( Charging cradles for the old one will not fit the new, but the games are compatible.

One step up from the one on the left is now the LMax, don't have one of those, but it basically adds the ability to plug into and play on the TV.

Last I checked Walmart still had awsome prices clearancing out the one on the right, but those may be gone by this point. We started with one of the triangle ones, then bought a second for compatibility with the charging cradle, the larger screen, and the bigger games to start. I can't remember which one you loose, color corral maybe?

When initially researching, we looked at the v-smile, but there were so many negative reviews that we went with the leapster, and definitely haven't regretted it. They don't use it much in the car (projectile hazard, motion sickness hzard), but they use it darn near everywhere else!

Oh, and no matter what you get, buy a PDA screen protector and slap it on there. Trust me :)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I think the Leapster has a pen and the V-Smile doesn't. So, it is a little more video-game-like than the Leapster. I'm curious, too, if anyone else has compared the two, which one they like better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC