What do I ask for used BLVDs???

super_grape

It looks as tho we may be going back to Canada...again...after I bought new seats. New, illegal to use in Canada, seats. Gah!
So if we do go back what should I ask for these seats slightly used?
They both (I *think*) have a DOM of April 07 and they are both Shannon
Boulevards.

I have a US RA also and could buy a $40 Scenera just to get us across the border. Once we arrive I would just hop over to Kiddytown and buy 2 MA's
and keep the illegal seats to use as emergency spares.

I have a hard time with the illegal aspect and there's really no reason to keep the BLVDs when the girls will fit fine in MAs.

What a PITB tho! WHY can't we just pick a country and stay in it, lol
and why can't all car seats be approved EVERYWHERE!!! :p Thppppppt!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It looks as tho we may be going back to Canada...again...after I bought new seats. New, illegal to use in Canada, seats. Gah!
oooohhhhhhhh where in Canada will you be moving? Southern Manitoba????

You could also order MA's online from TJ's Kids or Baby ProofingPlus or even Crocodile Baby
and then your kids would be in a MA for the trip, although maybe they don't ship to the US :confused:

I don't blame you for wanting to get legal Canadian seats, I would too.

Sorry, I don't know how much you should ask for your BLVD's. Maybe you could put them on carseat swap and see if someone here wants them.

super_grape

We would be going back to Ottawa:) .

I thought about seeing if someone would ship here
but I just figured they wouldn't....I'll have to check into that.

Thanks Jewels!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Is there a period of time where you have to get new seats? Like here in MD, you have like 6 months after you move into the state to change your lisence and registration.

Susan

super_grape

Yeah, I can't use it because it's a US seat and not approved by Transport Canada and therefore has no CMVSS sticker.
Also, aside form the illegl bit, our previous insurance policy sated that any
add-on/product in the car that is not approved for use in Canada will be considered an "illegal unit" and will void our coverage.

According to TC, as soon as you enter Canada with intent to live and are
a landed immigrant/citizen you must get a Canadian car seat.
I also plan to get recertified if we do go back so I wouldn't feel right
having US seats on that account as well, KWIM?

If we do go back I sure will miss my pretty purple seats tho:( ....and what do you wanna bet that Mariposa won't be available in Canada!
Oh well, somehow I'll survive:rolleyes: .

super_grape

What are the DOM's of your seats? What color covers do you have? Could you post some photos?

The Dom is April 07 on both of them and they are Shannon Boulevards
(the purple and flowery cover). I will try and post photos soon...left my camera cord in Canada and I still haven't bought another:eek:.

super_grape

I see you have one in your signature:) ...missed that before.

I LOOOOOVE that pink Radian you've got there, my 3.5 year old would have a fit for that seat! I hope they release that cover option in Canada!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I LOOOOOVE that pink Radian you've got there, my 3.5 year old would have a fit for that seat! I hope they release that cover option in Canada!
You can't use a US seat if living in Canada but you can still used the US covers on the Canadian seats if you could get your hands on a cover that you like . . . :whistle:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would like to know how much you want! I babysit maybe a couple times a month and would like one for so I don't have to reinstall in mom's car anymore!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I see you have one in your signature:) ...missed that before.

Thanks! :D I bought it originally for a trip we are taking in July and happened to get lucky with Russ at Sunshine Kids and he gave me the cover FREE :eek: Yeah, my mouth fell open.

It's funny because my older daughter, Lyndsey, is 8 1/2. She gets in that seat every time she can and I have to tell her to get into her Parkway. I am thinking of putting her in the Radian for a while to see what she thinks. Or at least until the trip. She fits with harness at the top slots. I know she won't be using it for the trip. (We're traveling 4 hrs to a family wedding and will be staying for a few days) Lyndsey is the flower girl so the Parkway will work better for traveling to the church, reception, etc. No squishing the dress up in the crotch strap. :D

Good luck with selling your car seats. If I didn't have them already I'd be buying yours! Actually I have two to sell since I bought the Radians. One MA and one BLVD to sell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC