Inflatable water slide-- anyone have/use one?

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
my mom just bought one and the kiddos love it....it doesnt recycle the water though...its super easy to put up and take down...and quite massive lol

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I haven't used one but I have been eyeing it at Costco for the past month or so!! I want it badly but I am worried of what it might do to our grass that my husband is so anal about. I wonder if you could use it on concrete? Anyway I hope someone here has some info on it because I am curious too!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I haven't used one but I have been eyeing it at Costco for the past month or so!! I want it badly but I am worried of what it might do to our grass that my husband is so anal about. I wonder if you could use it on concrete? Anyway I hope someone here has some info on it because I am curious too!

its really easy to move, so it would have to stay on the same patch of grass fo ra long period of time

TXDani

Senior Community Member
its really easy to move, so it would have to stay on the same patch of grass fo ra long period of time

Thanks Amber! I was thinking about it doing damage to the grass when you deflate it from all the water that it is holding but I guess if it were hot enough to be using the water slide the sun would probably dry up the soggy grass quickly too! Sometimes I just don't think clearly:eek: :p :whistle:

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Thanks Amber! I was thinking about it doing damage to the grass when you deflate it from all the water that it is holding but I guess if it were hot enough to be using the water slide the sun would probably dry up the soggy grass quickly too! Sometimes I just don't think clearly:eek: :p :whistle:

my mom turned the water off back there and makes the kids water the plants (and grass) when theyre done playing lol

BrookeSLP

I have to call our Costco and see if it is instock there or if I'd have to order it. It seems like it'd be a great alternative to a pool.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I have to call our Costco and see if it is instock there or if I'd have to order it. It seems like it'd be a great alternative to a pool.

yea aleah even like it....they older kids could chose either this or the pool and htey chose the slide

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We had one, but returned it within the 90 day limit because it started to break. Ours didn't come from Costco, and I can't pull up the picture because my net sucks.

The fabric started to peel off in places - like from the sun - and in other places, it faded majorly. In ours, the hose attached, and water sprayed over 2 separate slides, and in the middle, in the pool area... The middle spout worked just fine, but the 2 over the slides were both broken, one of them within the 1st week.

It was really ridiculous. We spent over $300 on it, and expected it to last more than one summer.

It would need to be moved frequently so that it didn't damage the grass. The grass would get extremely soggy after one use.

I don't know that I'd want to use it on concrete, only because my kids would get out, run and get something and then run back, and the concrete would be soaked - slipping hazard.

But it would definitely need to be moved frequently on grass.

BrookeSLP

We had one, but returned it within the 90 day limit because it started to break. Ours didn't come from Costco, and I can't pull up the picture because my net sucks.

The fabric started to peel off in places - like from the sun - and in other places, it faded majorly. In ours, the hose attached, and water sprayed over 2 separate slides, and in the middle, in the pool area... The middle spout worked just fine, but the 2 over the slides were both broken, one of them within the 1st week.

It was really ridiculous. We spent over $300 on it, and expected it to last more than one summer.

It would need to be moved frequently so that it didn't damage the grass. The grass would get extremely soggy after one use.

I don't know that I'd want to use it on concrete, only because my kids would get out, run and get something and then run back, and the concrete would be soaked - slipping hazard.

But it would definitely need to be moved frequently on grass.

How long did you leave it up for at a time? I would think putting it up for a 3-4 hour use wouldn't cause a problem.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
It was 3-4 hours a day, 2-3 times a week, in June and August.

We didn't use it at all during the month of July, and were on vacation for almost 3 weeks in August.

tsk_mum

Your link wouldnt work for me but this is the one we have
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4564293
It has a 400 lb weight limit so the adults here having been playing on it too:D
We have had it a month & had no probs so far. Its really simple to set up & take down. We have put it in the garage after its dried out so its not in direct sunlight all the time. I sure hope it lasts longer than the PP says:confused:

Splash

Yep! I can't bring up that website, but we have it. Well, I am pretty sure it's that one, since last I checked Costco only sold one and was discontinuing it, which meant we have to drive to Brandon to get it.
Actually, it's not ours. It's for Alice's second birthday (we didn't buy it). We just set it up this weekend and let Al and Charlie play on it and they loved it! Charlie could master is by himself, setup was pretty easy, and fun! The slide part is kind of narrow, and I preferred the slip n slide anyway.

Of course, I might be talking about another one, since i can't see the one you are referring to because it says product not sold. But the one they just got has two slides side by side and a slip n slide with a splash pool at the end. FUN!!

BrookeSLP

Yep! I can't bring up that website, but we have it. Well, I am pretty sure it's that one, since last I checked Costco only sold one and was discontinuing it, which meant we have to drive to Brandon to get it.
Actually, it's not ours. It's for Alice's second birthday (we didn't buy it). We just set it up this weekend and let Al and Charlie play on it and they loved it! Charlie could master is by himself, setup was pretty easy, and fun! The slide part is kind of narrow, and I preferred the slip n slide anyway.

Of course, I might be talking about another one, since i can't see the one you are referring to because it says product not sold. But the one they just got has two slides side by side and a slip n slide with a splash pool at the end. FUN!!

Yes, that is the one. Right now it is sold out, I am hoping they will get more in though!

Splash

It's awesome. I took pictures, but don't have them in the computer yet. It's a bit unsteady on the top if you have more than one adult up there... but that's to be expected on anything inflatable I think. The ladder is easy to climb (the easiest inflatable I've ever climbed I think) and the slip in slide is awesome. It's inflatable, so no adults taking a five foot flying leap and landing on the hard ground... OUCH! Charlie DID slide down it before the splash pool was full though, and almost flew out the other side! Definitely fill the splash pool before anyone goes down, it REALLY slows momentum! The pool is only about 6 inches deep at the most, but nice enough for adults to sit in and cool off. There is also mesh on the back of the top of the slide, so kids can't fall out at all. It's completely enclosed except where they come up the ladder or go down the slide, so very good at preventing possibly injury. It is not LATCH equipped ;)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I just can't spend $300 when i could take the kids all to six flags for a weekend for $300 and i think we would all like it better but then again we enjoy going places and short vacations, ect... also we have full sized pool at MILs we use when ever we want too... so i guess it's differant for us.

BrookeSLP

It's awesome. I took pictures, but don't have them in the computer yet. It's a bit unsteady on the top if you have more than one adult up there... but that's to be expected on anything inflatable I think. The ladder is easy to climb (the easiest inflatable I've ever climbed I think) and the slip in slide is awesome. It's inflatable, so no adults taking a five foot flying leap and landing on the hard ground... OUCH! Charlie DID slide down it before the splash pool was full though, and almost flew out the other side! Definitely fill the splash pool before anyone goes down, it REALLY slows momentum! The pool is only about 6 inches deep at the most, but nice enough for adults to sit in and cool off. There is also mesh on the back of the top of the slide, so kids can't fall out at all. It's completely enclosed except where they come up the ladder or go down the slide, so very good at preventing possibly injury. It is not LATCH equipped ;)

Thanks for the info! I am hoping to still be able to locate one. There are a few on e-bay already.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC