kept a 3 year old from being boostered today

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Was at our newly converted tru/bru today with the girls and made my way over to the car seat section to look. I saw a dad looking at the rumi and he looked confused so I said I'm a car seat tech can I help you. He told me that he was looking for a seat but that his child was in that stage where she is in a harness but about to be ready for a booster. I asked her age and he said 3 years old:eek: and 35lbs So I told him that I would not put a child in a booster until at least 5 years of age and that is based on maturity etc.. I then proceeded to put the 7 year old I had with me in the frontier and showed him how long that he could harness if at all possible. He ended up walking out with a nautilus!!

ADS

cookie123

Way to go! I never say anything, I'm shy.:) I do have conversations in my head with unsuspecting people, though.

bnsnyde

As a tech can you volunteer to help parents in the carseat aisle? I'm only half-kidding! It seriously sounds like parents need the help, and if you are crazy enough about seats...what fun!

Could stores even have regular seat checks/install help? Full-time tech? THAT is where they are needed. A carseat tech on staff?

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Well the bru staff probably doesn't like me right now...um cause I told this guy that it wasn't safe to use the infant headrest things and since he had a keyfit and a newborn that was 8lbs that i would likely not need anything to get a good fit....(this was right infront of the salesperson that was trying to sell it to him) :whistle:

emandbri

There are a few techs on the board who work at BRU, they can give advice but can't do installs.

I wish I could do that but we have 3 in town and all a bit of a drive. One does have a very knowledgable woman on staff, she was impressed I still had Elizabeth rear-facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC