Is it okay?

amymariee

Hey! My friend has a two month old little boy . Right now it's not cold here in Edmonton so she doesn't use anything in his car seat. She doesn't take a cab or ride in a cab often. Can she still use a bundle me ?? She knows they aren't Sade for car use and usually knows when a cab/ or Friends car is being used and plans to remove it .. Would you do this

The way her son is growing I don't think he will make it to winter in this car seat (snugride 22...) but still

Oh and we are the friend that mainly drives them around. Was thinking of getting a scenera to keep in my car ..good choice ?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

You wrote it is not cold, so she doesn't use anything in the baby's carseat. But then you ask if she can use a Bundle Me. And you said she will likely not be using the seat by the time winter sets in.

Why is she wanting to use a Bundle Me if it is not cold?:confused:

She definitely should not use a Bundle Me when she is using the seat as a carseat. However, I also wouldn't recommend using one at all. he Velcro on the Bundle Me can fray the harness, which is not a good thing at all.

If she thinks the baby is cold, she should just use a receiving blanket on him.

Oh, and I think a Scenera is a great idea for your car. :)

amyd

I think you mean that the mom intends to use the Bundle Me in the car seat when it's in the stroller. Mom doesn't have a car? Yes, if she's still using the infant seat when it's cold, she should remove the Bundle Me before riding in a car. It's fine to use one in the seat if she's just putting the seat in a stroller. There are inexpensive, warm car seat covers that to over the seat rather than behind the baby. The Cozy Cover is about $20 at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cryswilkins

I wouldn't use a Bundle Me at all either. The velcro is horrible for the harness. Also, it is not recommended to use the infant bucket really anywhere but in the car. If she is not driving somewhere then she should just put baby in the stroller seat and can use the Bundle Me there. Too much time in the infant seat can cause flat head.

nevaehsmommy

What about getting a shower cap style cover for the seat. It act like a bundle me but does not touch the harness system or go under the baby at all

SeattleRain

I'd recommend one of these: http://gobaby.cc/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=49&t=toppers

I had one from BRU and my friend had one of those and her's was WAY warmer than mine was. If I lived in a place like Edmonton where it's really cold, I'd look into something nice and fleecy like the GoBaby. One thing I liked about the GoBaby is that the fleece really frames the face, keeping out wind and cold.

The PP are right though. She should think about getting the baby in the stroller seat ASAP if she doesn't drive the baby around in the car. I know people like the idea of the travel system for walking around, but it's really better for the baby to be in the stroller or in a carrier. There are a lot of strollers that go almost flat for even newborns!

amymariee

What I meant was she takes the bus a lot.... And has the travel system
But turns out she wont need a bundle me , he has an oilers cap style
!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC