update: how to RF a 3yrd how has been FF for over one year?

lourdes

I am happy to report that my 3.3 year old daughter is now riding RF in her new complete air65 since last Saturday, I follow all your advises, I made it a big deal, told her she has a big girl car seat, girly print, so far so good, she puts a fight every now and then but I will not go back, she will be RF for at least one more year. In just a few days I have received some critic from family and friends, she to big, she is not comfortable, she can't see, I am exaggerating,........ but I will not listen to anybody, specially after all the research I have made, now I now that my 27 pound 3.3 year old is safer in her new seat RF, not sure if it is at the 45 degree angle but close enough.
thanks to all!!!!
avrf

ADS

ilo

The pic won't work

My 4-year old thinks her large RF seats Multitech and Radian are big girl seats as they are so large ;) At that age they still tend to believe what we tell them. DDs 5,5 year old cousin actually ride in DDs Radian recently. His mom did not want to bring his booster and FIL put him RF in DDs Radian which was installed in their car. I fit perfectly and cousin loved it. He thought it was much nicer than his booster.

christineka

My dd was ffing from 2-3 years. She was 3 years, 3 months when I turned her rfing. I bought her a new, pink scenera and she was tickled pink about it. She couldn't see out the windows when ffing, but could rfing. She loved rfing again!

lourdes

amandaRF003.jpg
[/IMG]

I am happy to report that my 3.3 year old daughter is now RF in her new complete air65, we did a test drive first with her back up car seat the cosco scenera and then went on Saturday to get the new one. it has been difficult because she was use to be FF but following some advise from people in this forum I told her that the new seat only goes backward and that it is a big girl seat, it has a girly print and I always tell her how great she looks in it. I have also received some bad critics from my family and friend but I am kind of use to it since I practice ''extended nursing'' now I am practicing ''extended rear facing'' the critics are the same, she is to old for this, I am crazy, etc....
I know after all the research I have made that I am doing the right thing, she might be old enough but she is still to ''light''. thanks to all for your advise and I try to post a picture here but don't know if I did it right!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I moved your post from Installations over to your earlier related thread in Carseat Chat since you're not asking an installation question. Your picture still isn't showing up, though? :confused:

lourdes

I am still new to the forum so I don't know when I am posting something in the right place. Yesterday Wendy was able to make one of my pics show but don't know how she did it!

tiggercat

Is this the photo you were trying to post? If I scroll through the photos in the thread on my touch, it pops up, but doesn't load in the thread...
If not lmk so I can delete it!

Last edited:

lourdes

yes that's it! but why can't I do it right? I need a crash course of how the put pictures for dummies!

lourdes

this is the best i can do, i edited my avatar and my signature, lets see if i can finally do this!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC