I found a Pria70!

Aurezalia

I was walking around BBB tonight, playing with car seats.... I turned the corner and it was right THERE! :eek:
All I have are cell phone pics, but here they are:

Lowest position, with the Tinyfit insert in:
2011-08-02_19-47-14_640.jpg

Highest headrest position, Tinyfit insert still in - it would not be used like this. ;)
2011-08-02_19-47-59_781.jpg

Here's the insert partially removed - the harness straps were fed through everything, and I didn't want to take it totally out and put back together.
2011-08-02_19-49-24_503.jpg

Details of the insert. This thing is BIG! It's not like an infant insert we're used to seeing that's just cloth and padding, this has a hard structure with fabric over it. It really seems like a small seat within the seat. It has 3? harness slots, I want to say? The bottom one was QUITE low, it would fit small babies well.
2011-08-02_19-49-51_41.jpg

My really scientific measuring of that top slot. :p I measured it with the box, and then measured the box itself on a growth chart I found in another aisle. I estimated it about 17in, so the reports look like they were right! You can see there's only one slot that slides up and down with the headrest.
2011-08-02_19-51-32_674.jpg

2011-08-02_19-55-56_942.jpg

I did identify at least one thing I REALLY don't like about the seat. The reclining base is interesting, but when I undid the harness straps to partially remove the Tinyfit insert, the splitter plate fell back in front of the base and it took me several minutes to maneuever it back. It was a SERIOUS PITB and not something I would want to fight with again. However, removing the harness straps only needs to be done when putting in/taking out the insert because the seat has a no-rethread harness, so there's that at least.

I also peeked at the FR85 SICT and noticed one thing that I liked:
2011-08-02_20-01-34_590.jpg

Yes folks, they added a little piece of elastic to hold the dang crotch buckle cover onto the seat now! :eek: :thumbsup:

ADS

Aurezalia

Confused...who makes it?

The TrueFit and Complete Air had a baby?

It's one of the new Dorel seats (under Maxi Cosi branch). They're coming out with something like 9 seats this summer. :eek: Wasn't expecting it to be out already, though!
And yeah, it really does seem like a love child of a TF and CA, lol!

tjham

What's up with the one cupholder like the Nautilus? Don't they know we NEED two cupholders? ;)

tl01

Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering how much space it takes up back to front compared with a Blvd70. I'm going to have to do some research. Darn... I REALLY don't need another seat;).

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I really must get to BRU. I'm excited about this seat.

All of the new Britax convertibles have the elastic on the belly pad. It's great, until you need to take the freaking seat apart to get to the lockoffs.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Aahhhhh! I will have to check it out in Texas in a couple of weeks. I'm holding out hope it's narrow enough I can use it between two ProSports :cool:

kaleigh71

That might be the first Dorel seat I like, I wish I didn't have to drive to Orlando to get to a decent baby store.

Oh, and what's up with having to put the <air> logo on everything? I find it annoying to look at.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
An Aurora said:
Aahhhhh! I will have to check it out in Texas in a couple of weeks. I'm holding out hope it's narrow enough I can use it between two ProSports :cool:

You're coming to Texas?!

luckyclov

My really scientific measuring of that top slot. :p I measured it with the box, and then measured the box itself on a growth chart I found in another aisle. I estimated it about 17in, so the reports look like they were right!
This made me giggle. I would have totally hauled the carseat over to the growth chart and tried to get some sort of bootleg measurement that way.:p

I was just at my local BBB last weekend and didn't see it. I'll have to check back. It looks interesting! Did you happen to read the manual? Any re-wording of RF installation "directions"?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC