After dumping the MightyTite...

Katy

I shared the dangers of the MightyTite with another mom. Now she's wondering if she needs to replace the seatbelt or the carseat? I don't think it was used for more than 6m, not sure how many times it was reinstalled.

ADS

jnamommy

I don't believe the carseat would need to be replaced - the Mighty Tite only attaches to the seatbelt webbing. And I am not sure about the seatbelt, if that would need to be replaced or not.

Pixels

The seat belt needs to be replaced if there is any visible damage. Distortions, stretching, etc. The car seat probably should at least be thoroughly inspected for stress marks, especially around the belt path.

The problem with the MT is that it allows you to use much more force than normal, potentially subjecting both seat belt and child restraint to crash-like forces during installation.

Katy

how would you go about getting a new seatbelt? As long as there is no visible damage would it be safer to move a booster or a five step child there until it can be checked out by the dealer or replaced?

Pixels

New seat belts are from the dealer. If there is no visible damage, then it's fine. If there is damage, then it's not safe for anyone, car seat, booster, or adult. If that seating position has LATCH, you could install a seat there with LATCH instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC