Hello

Albagail

Hi all, I have been lurking here for quite a while now and learning everything I can, and I am officially car seat crazy! Nobody I know IRL shares my passion, and I'd really like to become more active in this community, where other people get it. :) So is it okay for me to start answering easy questions that people ask, even though I'm not a tech, and haven't been around very long? Just basic stuff that I've picked up in my research and that doesn't require a tech's expertise? It'd be great to start helping other people the way all of you have helped me...thanks for that, by the way! :love:

ADS

BananaBoat

Welcome to C-S.org :happy-wavehello:

We're always happy to have the lurkers come out & join us! Please feel free to answer what you like & if the info isn't correct, someone will come along & correct it. Then we all learn a little bit more ;)

And don't feel like you can't answer questions because you're not a Tech. Since you've been hanging out here & reading/learning, you probably know the basics anyhow. What better way to share what you've learned already, than to impart that wisdom to newbies to the forum?

Thanks for joining us! :D

jess71903

Ambassador
Welcome!! It's nice to find a group that shares your passion, huh?

Absolutely jump in! IF you know the answer, you know the answer, whether you've been here long, are a tech, etc or not. Glad to have you!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Welcome! :)

Of course you can answer things you know! When I joined, I learned a lot from answering things and then reading other people's replies to what I had said. Don't let the fact that you're not a tech worry you- there are many non-techs here who know way more than I do from years and years of learning.

Albagail

Yay! I'm excited to start passing on what I've learned! Thanks, everyone, for the kind welcome! :)

Brianna

:happy-wavehello: Hi! I :love: lurking and reading here. You'd never know it by my post count but I'm here a lot.

Especially when I first started answering questions, I stuck to info that I could find from the Carseat Quick Information section- which seat has higher harness slots, or finding the page number of a manual with directions on how to adjust the harness height- very clear answers that didn't have a gray area. I also answered questions that had to do with a seat that I already had.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can add a *not a tech* disclaimer.

hrice

Welcome!

But, you must know, that no intro thread is complete without your kiddo's stats and current seats. :D

KaiLing

Hi! I'm pretty new too, and my philosophy on posting is like my philosophy in the classroom: if I have a question or an answer, someone else probably has that question or answer too. I think if my reasoning isn't perfect, or my answer is mis-informed and someone corrects it, that's helping everyone, including me. I just try to be up front about what I know / have experience with and what I don't. "Correct me if I'm wrong" is behind everything I say, and I hope I come across that way. People are really very nice here, all things considered.

Albagail

Lol, I should have known to include stats and seats! My kiddos are Natalie, age 7, 47 inches and ~50 lbs; she mostly still rides RF in a MT, but she's very close to outgrowing it and is booster training in a HBTB. Ellie, age 4, 39 inches and ~35 lbs, rides RF in a RN80SL, and still has lots of room, although she'll probably move to the MT as soon as Nat outgrows it. Calvin, 14 months, 22 lbs, not sure how tall, rides (RF of course!) in a RN80. My older two were both forward facing when I found this site (they were 4 and 1 at the time) and I am so grateful that I know better now, that I was able to turn them back around, and that Calvin will not ride FF for years! Oh, I also frequently have my brother Dominic in my car. He is 12, ~5 feet and 100 lbs, and rides in a Monterey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC