Does the Seatbelts fit these children correctly?

ADS

scatterbunny

Does Cadillac have seatbelt adjusters for the shoulderbelt? It looks like it.

The belts look positioned okay (maybe a bit high on the neck of the older kid?), but it's hard to tell if the knees bend at the edge of the seat. I doubt their feet touch the floor, and I doubt kids that age and size could stay seated that way for the whole trip.

TxMomma

Cadillac Commercial showing two children in the back seat sleeping buckled in with seatbelt. Are they technically safe they way they are shown. Are they sitting on built-in boosters?

If it doesn't go straight to the video, then click on the one that says "Sun".

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/footer/downloads.jsp

To me it looks like the little boy is riding in a built in, I don't think the belt fits him good enough. The little girl looks fine to me.

Am I missing something?

tjham

To me, it looks like they are awake but enjoying the sun and the breeze. They had backpacks so I thought they were on the way to school, maybe?

I can see the little red adjuster on the boy's seat belt.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I think they are in back-less boosters. The red adjustor thingie looks like the one that comes with the Turbo.

Morganthe

The boy's in some sort of backless booster, might be a built-in. Then again, he looks like he's sitting on the actual seat and the shoulder belt is lower than usual. It's coming across his collarbone. Might not be perfect, but even as an adult, I've had plenty of seatbelts fit that way :(

Little girl is in a grey full booster seat, possibly an Evenflo. It has the red shoulder guides.

The "pause" picture is very clear. They're not wearing any backpacks in the vehicle.

TxMomma

To me, it looks like they are awake but enjoying the sun and the breeze. They had backpacks so I thought they were on the way to school, maybe?

I can see the little red adjuster on the boy's seat belt.

That's not the video she's talking about, if you scroll down the page to the first (i think) row of videos it's the one labeled "sun".

JOII

I took a screen cap. Both in backless boosters maybe turbos, and they look OK to me. (though I'm no booster pro)

Kellyr2

Okay, I figured out why it's so confusing. I was just typing up a post on how they were SO obviously NOT in boosters when I figured it out. The boosters they are using are the EXACT same color as the vehicle's interior. So, the tan surface they are sitting on, are the boosters. The armrests are the booster armrests, and the red below them is the red belt guide. I was thinking it was just the female end of the seatbelt until I saw that the seatbelt wrapped around the red part. A car wouldn't have armrests like that, especially not with the fold down center right there.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
The boosters they are using are the EXACT same color as the vehicle's interior. So, the tan surface they are sitting on, are the boosters. The armrests are the booster armrests, and the red below them is the red belt guide.

:yeahthat:

hahah Yeah thats what I was going to say...thanks to whoever did the screenprint you can really tell what they are.

beeman

The one on the right needs the adjuster that comes with the turbo. The one on the left has got one so it's good.

scatterbunny

Haha, good eyes, people! I totally could not tell that they were in backless boosters, it just looked like vehicle seats to me, with really strange armrests! :p

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Yeah they probably did! Who knows maybe they airbrushed the boosters to match the cars interior, because it is pretty much the exact same color.
Isn't it funny how tons of people think carseats are ugly, dorky, and want to hide them and then there are people like us who think they are the coolest things ever made and want to show them off!?!?:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC