OMG what were they thinking

cdncasper

I was at walmart today and as I was leaving I saw a FF/booster carseat in the back middle of a car that had the worst install possible. It was installed with the UAS tethers attached to the 2 top tethers at the back of the car. That is is, no seatbelt or anything. Don't people read the manuals. I left a not on the car saying tha is wasn't installed correctly and they should read the manual.

Also at the same walmart a car passed me that had an OHS carseat with no child in (thank goodness) that was installed with the bottom of the carseat against the back of the seat and the back of the carseat along the bottom of the seat. So the child would actually be lying down in the vehicle. I wasn't able to catch the people cause it kinda dazed me as to what I saw. I just couldn't believe it.

ADS

cmm7

Yeah, well try seeing a kid in the seat installed lying down... I actually saw that at a Wal-Mart only this was a t-shield.

Laurenc0101

How about this...I was at Wal-Mart (for the first time in months I might add) and saw two females restrained in a car with six, yes SIX :eek:, children in the back seat. Of course none of them were restrained, let alone a carseat. And all of them looked under four or five :mad:

broken4u05

I was at the mall on friday and i saw a group of people walking to the a car and one of them was holding a very small baby. I thought they where going in 2 cars but no only one. They had 5 in the back. The baby was being held and a girl about 3 was in the lap of a older but not by much child. I was with my friend and we called the cops on them. I dont know if they came or not but we told them where they were and there licance plate number. I know the cops where close because i just saw one leave the mall a min before so i think they did go the lady on the phone was very happy we called. WOW just WOW

easterbun

How about this...I was at Wal-Mart (for the first time in months I might add) and saw two females restrained in a car with six, yes SIX :eek:, children in the back seat. Of course none of them were restrained, let alone a carseat. And all of them looked under four or five :mad:

I see that all the time here.. and not just at WM!!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
We went to Idlewild (amusement park geared toward the younger sect ;)), and since DH was driving I got to look around and was SHOCKED by all the kids not restrained at all - Not as bad, but one car had 4 kids in the back, I don't think I saw one booster on the whole hour long trip there, and lots of kids (who were under 6-ish size wise) not in seat belts at all. I mean, what are parents thinking? I guess they aren't...

One thing though, it *could* have been me (well, not the right area of the country but still) with the OHS like that: I confiscated DCousin's expired filthy seat, and had it sitting in the backseat of my car like that (there wasn't enough room in the cargo section). 97% sure that wasn't the situation, but it could be possible (at least, that's what I tell myself)...

MsFacetious

I saw a lady with a baby, less than a year old and about 20lbs at Taco Bell the other day. The carseat was installed like an infant seat would look FF, but it wasn't an infant seat. It was bizzare. It was like a really short convertible seat, thinking Evenflo here. That was reclined FF so it only came up the vehicle seat like 12 inches... it was strange for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC