Oldsmoblie Intrigue 99

Katy

DH wants to get me this. He found a great deal from someone we know but I no nothing about this car in relation to carseats. I NEED to fit three across. It's a midsize car, but it looks smaller than my crystler LHS. My LHS is not going to last forever and I'll be needing something else, plus DH vehicle may soon be biting the dust. So we will be doing a car swap here again soon.

I checked the radian thread and I found one post sayng a radian was incompatible with it in the outboard spot, but it never specified if it was RF or FF, never said anything about a tech check. No matches in the three across thread. The center seat has a small hump, it also has a flip armrest in that position. The seats are the type that flip down for trunk access. has retracting belts.

I'd prefer if I can use my FR85 SICT, XTSL RF, and CA65lx RF. They fit in my car but I doubt they will in this one. I finally have it setup to have to sets of installed seats in both my car, my moms, and DH's. I really don't want to buy another harnessed seat, but certainly do not want to move seats back and forth. DS is mostly boosted trained but has issues with it when there is a kid sitting next to him. He gets frustrated with buckling, and doesn't sit still in a booster as he's too busy messing and playing with the kid next to him.

Moms van is a 2002 mini T&C with 50 split seats, converted for her wheelchair. She has a FF radian, FF tethered onside air, rf onside air installed. I was not happy about FF DS2 but it was the only way I could get the seats to fit with using only one radian. He is center tethered position.

DH has the regent and CA65lx he only transports the boys. We have the even flow big kid booster for when DS1 goes with papa, DH's work vehicles, or friends.

I know I'm going to have to try things out before we buy it, but I was hoping someone would have an idea of what might work.

Thankyou

Also am I only allowed to get on tether installed in the intrigue?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
One tether anchor retrofit should be free through a GM dealership per GM Technical Service Bulletin Number #99-09-40-004a if you're in the U.S. Additional top tether anchors beyond that first free one would be at your expense and you'll need to ask the GM dealership for a cost estimate. I noticed a prior thread (in the links of possibly related prior threads that show up below your current thread) where a member was asking about a '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue and maybe she can give you some input about installs if you PM her: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=50799

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC