My last photo dump for awhile, promise! (Trendz seat)

BabyKaykes

Ok, so three hours and 5 Targets later, I finally found one that was on display and not tethered to the shelf or the rest of the other seats on it. Based on pictures, I had really liked it. But then I started messing with it and it's really not that great. In fact, the average car seat buyer is going to horribly misuse it because they won't install it correctly.

Your guess is as good as mine about the chest clip. This is the only store where I saw the seat without it. I was going to try and snag one from the RA50, but realized there was no way I was going to be able to get it on the Trendz.

DS is on the top slots with about two inches to spare. He really liked the seat, but 1)I'm sure we'd have lost half that grow room upon install and 2)there were none available. One store said there truck was coming in tonight and they'd probably be on it.
d3fb0215.jpg

e7f156cb.jpg

Though the seat is nice and deep, the crotch buckle only has one position and it's nowhere near out far enough. I didn't measure but it's really short.
a1900e56.jpg

The back of the seat. Unless I'm missing something, there's no real way to raise and lower the headrest. You just kind of snatch it up into position, and then hope your kid doesn't accidentally push it down when they're getting in the seat (which DS did twice). This will be more of a problem in booster mode. Not sure how clearly you can see, but the red arrows pointing in the back, that's the belt path. The top tether is hanging down.
92ac0b7e.jpg

The crazy belt guide. The seat says that the belt should always slide freely through the belt guide. Not sure how that's going to work.
09516510.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics, apparently the iPhone doesn't focus well...

This is where the install gets crazy. Based on the stickers on the seat (no manual in sight). Regular lap belt install. But only if you are NOT using the top tether. In through one side, out through the other
a228aa55.jpg

If you ARE using the top tether, you need to feed the belt as usual, but then feed it back through the front of the seat and around the arm rests, then buckle. These rules apply to ALL installs. If you're using the top tether in any mode, you have to install over the armrests.
db220827.jpg

Seat depth
3baa2905.jpg

Compared to the Maestro
bc340d04.jpg

~Seat specs~
Belt guide in highest position: 19"
Seating area width: 13"
Seat Depth: 13.5"
Total width: 17"
Top slots: 16"
Bottom slot: 12.5"

Other stuff:
LATCH may be used to 50lb
Booster mode requirements are 3yrs, 30lb, and 38"
Harness mode requirements are 22lb, 1yr, and 33"
Harness and high back expire after 6yrs
Backless expires after 10yrs
Made in France
Harness covers MUST be used
The battery in the buckle is NOT replaceable, so if it goes out, the entire buckle must be replaced

I have audio of the beeping that sounds when it is unbuckled. Not sure how or if its possible to post it. It's not annoying and loud, just a soft alert. But I wouldn't count on any car seat escape artist getting out of this thing once buckled and tightened properly, it's pretty much covered by the crotch pad. You have to push down to release (like the old Graco ones)
a1900e56.jpg

For the record, DS is 5yrs 10mths, 45.5" tall, 43lb, with a 14" torso. He normally rides in a FF RN65.

ADS

Ladyl

See I looked at this seat and really like it, but I think the top slots are just too short. I was really disappointed. I also couldn't figure out how to adjust the headrest :confused:. But that could just be me....

Last edited:

Pixels

To adjust the headrest, you just grab it and move it up or down. There's nothing to squeeze, you just move it.

babygirlsmom1005

So you wrap the seat belt around the back belt path or am I seeing that wrong :confused:

Hmmmm I wonder if our Target has one to play with....*I* like the no chest clip, but I think that harness adjuster is going to cause some problems with the general public and misuse (or kids complaining a lot about it)....

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The one at our Target had a chest clip. I like the seat much better without it. Has anyone talked to Baby Trend to see if the seat can be used without or if some Target stores are assembling their display seats incorrectly?

BabyKaykes

Based on other threads and gauging where the chest clip would be, it would practically cut off DS's air supply. Much too high when properly tightened.

I loathe chest clips...all of them

njkj

Another quick question about the Trendz seat. A few other car seat geeks (LOL) have found them at their Targets BUT some have chest clips and some do not. So which is correct chest clip or no chest clip? Or is the chest clip optional? Thanks!!

I just posted this on Baby Trends FB page :)!

I am really on the fence on this seat and really wish my Target would get one so I can play with it.

Pixels

So you wrap the seat belt around the back belt path or am I seeing that wrong :confused:

Hmmmm I wonder if our Target has one to play with....*I* like the no chest clip, but I think that harness adjuster is going to cause some problems with the general public and misuse (or kids complaining a lot about it)....

It's like other seats with both long belt path and short belt path. Short belt path is the "normal" installation method. Long belt path, the belt comes around the side of the seat to the front, through a slit in the cover, behind the back of the seat, back to the front, and around the opposite side of the seat.

Another quick question about the Trendz seat. A few other car seat geeks (LOL) have found them at their Targets BUT some have chest clips and some do not. So which is correct chest clip or no chest clip? Or is the chest clip optional? Thanks!!

I just posted this on Baby Trends FB page :)!

I am really on the fence on this seat and really wish my Target would get one so I can play with it.

Unless they have two versions of the seat, one with clip and one without, it's not optional. It's sewn on, so there is no way to add it or take it off.

The one at our Target had a chest clip. I like the seat much better without it. Has anyone talked to Baby Trend to see if the seat can be used without or if some Target stores are assembling their display seats incorrectly?

The chest clips are sewn on, there is no way that the store is assembling improperly.

Kat_Momof3

it looks like there is a piece on the back of the headrest to squeeze/lift to raise and lower the headrest... similar to the evenflo big kid or graco turbo

but looks can be misleading.

the crotch buckle issue worries me because you know parents will go to booster the minute they feel it's uncomfortable for their kid.

BabyKaykes

I think stores are getting two different display models. One with the chest clip and one without. However, since this is a US seat, I'm betting on the seat having a chest clip and not being able to remove it at all. I'm also guessing that there will be lots of calls to BabyTrends for replacement harnesses.

As far as I've seen, there's no button or lever to adjust the headrest, you just push it and pull it up and down.

mustanglaurie

it looks like there is a piece on the back of the headrest to squeeze/lift to raise and lower the headrest... similar to the evenflo big kid or graco turbo

but looks can be misleading.

the crotch buckle issue worries me because you know parents will go to booster the minute they feel it's uncomfortable for their kid.

I wonder why the Trendz R&D people would not have thought of these things?!
I hope this seat satisfies my DS1's needs; I'm going to check out Target today.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC