My (DS's) new car-seat

ZanesMom

DH and I were killing time looking at a Bargin Hunt store shortly after dropping off DS with my mom for a week. Look what I found and could not pass up for $135 and a DOM of 9/10. :D (Sorry about the large pictures.

DSC02622-Copy.jpg

DSC02623-Copy.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

The box was in rough shape, but it didn't look like it had ever been taken out. So, after some conviening, DH said I could buy it. Now, if the cover had been CowMoo, he would not have had the option.

The store also had a Chaperone for $104 in a good box high on a shelf, a CCO in Hazelnut for $110 no box, and multiple Brixtax brand new covers for $35-42 each, mostly in Onyx. They even had a Marthon 70 cover in Cowmoo. :eek:
They also had a Maclaren Techno XLR Stroller in Coffee Brown Sky Blue for $112 and a BOB Stroller still in the box for $350.

ADS

ZanesMom

DSC02626.jpg

DSC02627.jpg

DSC02636.jpg

The only problem I noticed on the seat was that one of the cover clips is broken and thered piece appears to have some stress. I'll probably contact Britax tommorow to get their thoughts on it as it does worry me a bit since the box was in fair to poor condition.

ZanesMom

Installed in a 2011 Honda Insight using the short belt path. I attempted the LBP, but I would need assitance and DH was not present to help. Plus it was 95+ outside. Also, I would like to note that DS is still RF most of the time as he is 3, but will probably install the Frontier in DH's car as he hates the Radian.
I do plan on having a CPST look at it and help me with the install as I'm not 100%. I do have well less than 1 inch of movement at belt path.

DSC02629.jpg

Showing the gap between the seat and F85
DSC02631.jpg

DSC02632.jpg

I know the tether is twisted. Will fix later.
DSC02633.jpg

Leg room with the front set pushed all the way back.
DSC02638.jpg

DSC02634.jpg

ZanesMom

Also, is it ok for the seat to hang off the front that much? Again, I'll have a CPST look at it and it'll probably be installed in a Ford Taurus later.

wavegal

I am not a tech but as long as 80% of the seat has made contact with the cars seat then its fine. To me that looks like more than 80% is on.

ZanesMom

It's called Essex. I went to the one in Cookeville, but according to their website they have one in Franklin, Berry Hill, Murfreesboro, and a couple more areas.

BTW: I live in Fairview. Nice to meet someone from the same county.

It's called Essex. I went to the one in Cookeville, but according to their website they have one in Franklin, Berry Hill, Murfreesboro, and a couple more areas.

BTW: I live in Fairview. Nice to meet someone from the same county.

WOW what a small world, i live in Santa Fe which is 25 mins from you! I am going to have to look up the one in Franklin we need a new seat!

ZanesMom

I talked to Britax and they're looking at sending me a new arm rest since there are stress marks on that red piece. I e-mailed pictures, but haven't heard anything since. Their customer service was nice and friendly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC