Ack, I hate the latch connectors on the RA!

MoreLatte

I'm sure I'm really late to the party on this one...when did Britax change the Latch connectors? I haven't even looked at the connectors on DD's FR85s because they're both installed with the seatbelt.

I can't get DD's RA in tight with these new connectors and I don't like to use the seatbelt because my older kids sometimes accidentally unbuckle her seat when they're getting out. My MA's had the other strap and I could get a super tight install with it. Anyone know if I can order an old latch strap from Britax? I don't see any on the site but maybe I can call tomorrow.

ADS

MoreLatte

They look the same but the strap is rotated where it attaches to the connector, I think so you don't have to flip them when changing from RF to FF. For me, the rotation of the strap just makes it really hard to get it to tighten. The slack is there, so it seems like you should be able to tighten it more but because of the angle of the strap, it won't tighten. Clear as mud? lol.

Kinda hard to explain, I wonder if anyone else has the issue or if there's a way to remedy it at all?

kate4478

Can you take a pic? I don't have a new style one to know what they look like. I have an extra set of latch connectors from my Regent. They had a recall of some sort and sent me a longer set. If I can locate them you can have it ffs. Now, where could those things be hiding??

T4K

MoreLatte said:
They look the same but the strap is rotated where it attaches to the connector, I think so you don't have to flip them when changing from RF to FF. For me, the rotation of the strap just makes it really hard to get it to tighten. The slack is there, so it seems like you should be able to tighten it more but because of the angle of the strap, it won't tighten. Clear as mud? lol.

Kinda hard to explain, I wonder if anyone else has the issue or if there's a way to remedy it at all?

I hate them too. I actually called Britax because I thought I had a defective strap.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The only problem I have encountered with the new LATCH straps is that you have to be really careful to make sure you don't end up with the tabs that attach the webbing to the connector partially under the edge if the base. If the base is in even a corner of that tab, you can't tighten the webbing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC