My 4-yr-old Happy in his SICT

KaliShanti

Just wanted to show my happy boy (4.5 years) in his new Frontier SICT. We got a great deal on it and we all love it!

5992851372_b76ae56d5d_z.jpg

ADS

miraclebabies

Very cute.. I can't wait to get a FR for my 4.5yr old. She's 37lbs and about 42" tall, they fit about the same. Love the color, he looks like he really likes it

OhioM

Great pic! I just got my 4.5 yo daughter the same seat and she loves it, too. Did you have a hard time getting the LATCH tethers tight enough? I can't seem to budge the straps past a certain point. I also tried the lap/shoulder belt option and can't get that one tight enough either. Non of the Youtube videos that I can find have any tips.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
So cute!!!! And WOW, the SICT really is gigantic, isn't it? lol I don't think I really realized til now how huge it is!

KaliShanti

Great pic! I just got my 4.5 yo daughter the same seat and she loves it, too. Did you have a hard time getting the LATCH tethers tight enough? I can't seem to budge the straps past a certain point. I also tried the lap/shoulder belt option and can't get that one tight enough either. Non of the Youtube videos that I can find have any tips.

No I had no problems- very easy to tighten latch. But we had a hard time with the top tether until we just removed the headrest first to attach then replaced it. After that, great install. I have a 2003 Elantra. I hope it installs this well in our minivan that we are getting around October.

So cute!!!! And WOW, the SICT really is gigantic, isn't it? lol I don't think I really realized til now how huge it is!

I don't feel it's that big, but he did move from a EFTA- that's a really big seat too.

Cool! Can you post a close up pic of the fabric? What's the fabric like?

Yes I will try to remember. I really like the fabric (one of the reasons I got a SICT- I did not want a mesh seat); it's kind of a smooth flat fabric- not fluffy/soft to the touch or mesh. Um. Hard to describe. At diapers.com you can look close up at the fabric. It did not get TOO hot in the car- and here it's 106 lately and I have a black car.

I also really like the straps- my son can do them himself (the EFTA chest clip was too hard for him to do) and they seem comfy and he likes the strap covers too. He loves the cupholders! The color is really "cool" as well, he says and I agree. ;)

Kat_Momof3

love that cover and you can tell he loves it!

I'd probably raise the harness because you'll likely lose room in it once you install it.

kate4478

Looks like he approves of his new seat! :) I love the red. My DS would love that one. I on the other hand would rather the cowmoo. :rolleyes:

msg221

Looking at that seat makes me feel like it is trying to tempt me into buying one. It's like that red seat is screaming at me "YOU WANT ONE! YOU KNOW YOU DO!" Should I take it as a sign that today I sold my MA70, a high chair ($195 for both) AND I got my $50 T-Mobile rebate in the mail? That would just about cover the cost of a FR85 SICT!

hrice

msg221 said:
Looking at that seat makes me feel like it is trying to tempt me into buying one. It's like that red seat is screaming at me "YOU WANT ONE! YOU KNOW YOU DO!" Should I take it as a sign that today I sold my MA70, a high chair ($195 for both) AND I got my $50 T-Mobile rebate in the mail? That would just about cover the cost of a FR85 SICT!

They are $254 on Amazon right now.

msg221

I know, that is what is making it so tempting!

I also am trying to decide if I want the SICT or just a regular FR85.

KaliShanti

I got the SICT over the 85 because:

1. I liked the extra SIP
2. I liked the fabric MUCH better
3. I liked how the cover comes off easily
4. It wasn't much more expensive!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC