3 adults and 2 carseats in a Scion xB

agave

So in a couple of weeks I'm taking a trip west. It's 400 miles and I have a 19 and 20 yr old bumming a ride with me assuming we can figure out how to squeeze them in. They are both skinny but one is very tall and leggy. They are going home in a different car so it only has to work one way. I may bring a 6' 2" 17 yr old back with me.

I have a Radian XTSL, Frontier 85 and a roundabout 50, I'd prefer to keep both my kids RF. If I can find something dirt cheap and narrower than what I have I'd consider buying something since the friend I'm going to visit has a 3 yr old in an outgrown seat and she doesn't seem concerned about it, but it would have to be pretty cheap.

Any ideas how to arrange things to squeeze everyone in?

ADS

Baylor

My dh used to drive a scion for work. It was the small car not the boxy thing.. I don't know what model you are talking about but we had our son RFing at the time in a Triumph and whatever seat it was behind had to be pushed forward. It was really tight.
I am 5'6 and dh is 6 ft.. IT was not a comfortable ride.

agave

I have the box, the older version. There is plenty of leg room in the back, I've had guys 6' 2" and 6' 3" tell me there was plenty of room back there with the seats all the way back. The seat in front of the roundabout can be all the way back the Radian RF takes up a lot more space.

agave

If we figure it out I'll get pictures, it will be an entertaining ride for sure. The 20 yr old told me she would gladly be uncomfortable and smashed for 6 hrs to make it home for her mom's birthday. It's going to take longer than 6 hrs though, my youngest doesn't travel nearly as well as her little brother. It will be nice to have help with the kids since DH will be driving separately. This is exactly why I want a bigger car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC