EFTA digging into kiddo's belly?

lovemybabybug

I was so happy when I scored an EFTA for $37 at Target yesterday that I didn't even think to look at reviews, as it seemed to be a pretty well loved seat around here.. So I put DD in the seat today, and what the heck is wrong with that buckle? When you buckle it and tighten the harness, the buckle is almost paralel with her legs and it digs into her tummy. She started complaning the second a tightened the harness. She is very tiny, she still wear 3-6 m shorts, she has no fat to her whatsoever. In order for that not to happen, I have to leave it way too lose. I am so disappointed. I really like how roomy it is and she has tons of inches above her head, it would be such a great spare. And back to Target we go. :thumbsdown:evenflo

ADS

Bcfox26

Mine digs a little but I found that if I tighten it then straighten the strap up it does lay better. He hasn't griped about it so I'm hoping he doesn't.

Bcfox26

I have a 2009 and also a 2010 one. The newer one does have a different chest clip but they are both equally diggy on the belly. I have to pull down on the straps and kind of face the top of thebottom buckle out while tightening to keep it from being as diggy. Apparently it's a common complaint with the EFTA seats.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Which position did you have the crotch buckle in?

We have an EFTA that we have used for all three kids and the crotch buckle was an issue for the new babies, as I couldn't get it tight without having it squishing their tummy, and my son had reflux, so we wanted to avoid pushing on his tummy! My son is 2 now and tiny, and he rides in the EFTA in our second car with no issues.

lovemybabybug

I have the buckle in the RF position, the inner one. I tried putting some different sized dolls in the seat yesterday it it wasn't a problem for any of them, but when I put DD in it tips in, even when I adjust it.

HisMommy414

I had to discontinue use of my ETA LX (the 50lb version) because of this same issue. My 2 year old was complaining. We were using the 1st slot for the buckle. We have the problem whether he's RF or FF.

lovemybabybug

I ended up returning the seat, it killed me :( It was such a great deal and it fit beautifully in my car, even better than the MR. I tried adjusting it after she was all buckled in, but my DD kept yanking on it, so I figured it wasn't comfortable at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC