No manual available, but from labels and stickers on the seat:
Acceptable installation methods are
Long belt path, lower anchors and tether
Short belt path, lower anchors only
Long belt path, lap/shoulder and tether
Short belt path, lap/shoulder only
Long belt path, lap only belt and tether
Short belt path, lap only belt
Basically, any time you are using the tether, use long belt path, and any time you are not using the tether you use short belt path.

07-28-11_2110.jpg

07-28-11_2111.jpg

The red things on the front, which some had speculated are for holding the harness open out of the way, are actually shoulder belt guides for long belt path. I know the photo is poor quality, but it says: "Proper vehicle belt routing required. Toddler Car Seat - Use proper belt routing for installation WITH a tether or WITHOUT a tether. Route vehicle shoulder belt through Toddler Shoulder Belt Buide on vehicle buckle side. Booster Car Seat - DO NOT route vehicle shoulder belt through Toddler Shoulder Belt guide."
07-28-11_2113.jpg

The harness covers at the shoulder are rubbery on the back. I wonder if they are removable or if they are required.

The tension indicators are cool. On the harness, LATCH strap and top tether. I left one strap too loose and tightened the other so you could see the green bar.
07-29-11_1122.jpg

The shoulder belt guide for booster mode doesn't look promising to me, but I don't have experience with this kind of guide. I have a feeling that the belt would get hung up and not retract easily.
07-28-11_2124.jpg

Seat semi-converted to backless, so you can get an idea of what it looks like.
07-28-11_2125.jpg

Looking at the backless from the back. I'm looking forward to some reviews from real kids, to see if that's comfortable to sit on or not.
07-28-11_2126.jpg

The loop of plastic in the center is the storage for tether and LATCH hooks. All three fit. Basic hooks.

Comparison shots:
Eurosport (L) and Maestro (R). Picture is deceiving, they are the same width. The Maestro is widest at the cup holders, the Eurosprt is widest at the arm rests.
07-28-11_2131.jpg

Eurosport headrest is up all the way. These two actually puzzled together nicely.
07-28-11_2128.jpg

Eurosport (L) and Nautilus. The Nautilus is substantially wider.
07-28-11_2130.jpg

Nautilus (L) and Eurosport. Both all the way up.
07-28-11_2129.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

I doubt the backless would be uncomfortable, because that's similar to how the backless turbobooster is...

I really want to get my hands on this to look at the belt guides for the shoulderbelt... but I NEVER shop at target... so I'd need to KNOW it's in a local one before I would go there.

Did you see if there was any way to resolve the chest clip issue? could it be an optional piece? I mean, it just looks like it's going to choke these kids.

my only other concern is that, with highback booster use, the tall headrest (just the headrest) will prevent a kid being able to have their head centered in it when the belt guides are where they should be.

Pixels

The chest clip is not removable. The webbing starts out at a metal plate on the back of the shell, similar to the metal plate at the base of a crotch strap. From the metal plate, it comes down, goes up through the harness adjuster, then through the chest clip, then sewn on just above the clip. So no way to take the clip off or reroute it.

You can see that on my DD, even with the harness a slot too high for her, and her leaning her head forward, the chest clip is nowhere near her neck. It's perfectly positioned right now. If I had bothered to move the harness down to the proper slots, the clip probably would have been lower than usual.

I am still wary about a chest clip that cannot possibly move down. I want to know what happens during a crash. In most seats, the clip gets pushed down and they end up as a belly clip even when it was properly positioned before the crash.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I saw this at Target, but haven't played with it yet.

Do we know:

~ Highest Harness Height?
~ Price?
~ Weight Limits?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I found on another thread that the seat is $99 and the top harness height is 17". Is that correct?

RYLANSMOM

I need another seat for my son as he is going to be going to a new sitter soon. We need one she can take for the week ect without having to deal with taking ours out everyday. I am very interested in this seat but my target doesn't have it :( It is a good price range, not huge and bulky, and exactly what I am looking for. I want to try the fit out for him and take a look at it myself. There is a target by my work and can go on lunch one day....or another one about 30 min away. I would hate to drive there and not have luck. I haven't even seen a Maestro in stores except at BRU. He has that one in my Aunts car and if I can't get this one I will end up with another one but I was liking the headrest being able to move up. I am so jealous for everyone that has these seats, and the Maestro available in stores. The only HWH seats were the nautilus (the new ones) no clearanced old ones, no Argos (not in the price range anyway) and they had the Eddie Bauer (not that I like it but the price is still more than the Maestro and the Baby Trendz)

Kat_Momof3

thanks, pixels... I couldn't tell if the slots were too high for her or if she was being goofy...

I was thinking of seeing the other pics people have posted with kids in it.

any thoughts as to why some stores don't have chest clips on theirs? I mean, if you can't remove it... it just seems odd that some stores have it and some don't.

it seems it goes about as tall from bum to belt guide as the Nauti (maybe a tad shorter), as it doesn't sit as high.

I wonder why the top tether can't be used with the short beltpath (though I don't know why anyone wouldn't use the longpath... I love long paths and it looks like, with this seat, it would be easier)...

perhaps this can be answered at ABC?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I am still wary about a chest clip that cannot possibly move down. I want to know what happens during a crash. In most seats, the clip gets pushed down and they end up as a belly clip even when it was properly positioned before the crash.

Some of the old evenflo seats had chest clips that you couldnt push down, due to the adjuster...in fact, as the kids got to the upper limit of the seat, and the harness ran out of room, the adjuster forced the chest clip up way too high, IMO. We had an old chase clone like that. I actually loved the seat, and recommended it for parents whose kids pushed the chest clip down to escape. But like WTT said, I think it would just break if it needed to. Anyway..I dont recall ever hearing about kids being injured by chase/express seats...??

cookie123

So does the chest clip not coming off mean the harness is not replaceable? I'm not a fan of the non replaceable harness. I like to have options.:)

That probably came from dd#3 always puking in the car. I haven't had to replace a harness since I've had grandkids, but their mom did once after a big vomiting fiasco.

christineka

So does the chest clip not coming off mean the harness is not replaceable? I'm not a fan of the non replaceable harness. I like to have options.:)

I assume the harness is replacable. The issue is that there are metal thingies on the ends of the harness, so you wouldn't be able to thread the chest clip off.

Also, my measurement for the top slot is 18 inches.

Pixels

The harness is removable for booster mode. It's not the metal plates on the ends of the harness preventing the chest clip from coming off, it's actually sewn on.

sunnymw

I have to admit that I really, really like this seat. I am totally intrigued....

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

violets_mommy

Kat_Momof3 said:
any thoughts as to why some stores don't have chest clips on theirs? I mean, if you can't remove it... it just seems odd that some stores have it and some don't.

I was thinking the same thing!

kate4478

I saw that at Target the other day. The cover seems cheaply made. It was coming off the seat at the headrest. The straps remind me of the old evenflo combo seat I had with the front adjuster. Which I hated.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC