Advice on straps for Britax Roundabout?

ang79

I just purchased a Britax Roundabout 50 for my 2.5 yr. old on clearance from Target. I went to adjust the straps and it says when rearfacing shoulder straps should be at or just below shoulders, so I moved them to the second slot from the bottom (and moved the crotch strap to the middle one), so that they are just at her shoulders. When I tried to buckle her in it she kept complaining that the shoulder straps were rubbing on her neck and there are faint red lines there where it rubbed. Should I move the straps back down to the lower slot, will this alleviate them from rubbing on her neck/shoulders?

ADS

Kaitsmom

No, dont move them up, are there steap covers with that seat? If not cut the ends off of a pair of her socks and slide them on the straps.

ang79

No, dont move them up, are there steap covers with that seat? If not cut the ends off of a pair of her socks and slide them on the straps.

Not up, should I move them down so they would be further behind her back rather than just at her shoulders (depending if she sits straight up or slouches a bit they are either right at or just above her shoulders).

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No, I'd just pull her shirt up between the straps and her neck. Also make sure that you're not over-tightening the harness. It shouldn't press in to her body or push her out of position. One finger should fit between the strap and her collarbone without pressing in to her, but it should also be tight enough that you can't pinch a fold.

Chances are moving the straps lower would only make the problem worse, and it would shift her out of position. The straps would also be more prone to slipping off her shoulders with them being that far below her, so if she's even with the next set of slots, you need to leave the straps there.

You can also try contacting Britax and seeing if they're ok with you using harness covers - maybe they could send you a set?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC