Anyone had any weird cravings lately?!?!

arly1983

I was just wondering because I have....

My pregnant sister loves olives and will eat them by the handful. I was watching her eat some fresh ones about 2 weeks ago and I tried one again (I have tried them several times, just never liked them) and I LOVED them... and have been eating them like crazy:confused:

For the past 4-5 weeks, since accidently getting sweet tea at a restaraunt, all I want is sweet tea. I used to HATE sweet tea.

Then today, my DH walks in, and I was sauteing zuchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms and his jaw droped. (It was GOOD, BTW)

Oh, yeah, and Bariani Unfiltered California Extra Virgin Olive Oil is awesome. I would rather have it than butter.

He asked did he need to go to Wal-Mart and get a pregnancy test:D

ADS
i always have weird cravings and it freaks DH out everytime lol

my uncle stuffs large olives with this cream cheese/vodka mixture and yummmmm.

ive been craving checkers apple pies for about a wk now, i know for sure im not pregnant though lol , just getting fat lol

Well, is it a possibility??? ;)

Sounds like pregnancy cravings to me. I do occasionally have non-pregnant cravings, but it's usually for a particular vegetable or something. My body can really tell when I've been eating too much junk food, and it'll start craving salads and the like... :shrug-shoulders:

skaterbabs

When I was pregnant with Joyjoy I craved strong flavors like vinegar and mustard. For the first three months I ate spinach and cucumber salads with vinegard, salt and pepper at least once a day every day. lol I remmeber eating a hot dog with spicy brown mustard, spilling the mustard, and crying not because my shirt was stained but because that was the last of the mustard until payday! I even craved jalapeno peppers and I *hate* them. Cam joked that she should be named "Taco Bell". :p

arly1983

Well, is it a possibility??? ;)

Sounds like pregnancy cravings to me. I do occasionally have non-pregnant cravings, but it's usually for a particular vegetable or something. My body can really tell when I've been eating too much junk food, and it'll start craving salads and the like... :shrug-shoulders:

Oh, I REALLY hope not, my DH would flip.

But then both times I got pregnant I was on birth control....I really doubt it though, an IUD is supposed to be nearly 100% effective...I wondered if maybe my taste buds are changing.

Morganthe

I always have wierd food cravings depending on that time of the month-- the only time I haven't experienced constant cravings was when I was pregnant :p :D

It was SO NICE not having mood swings for an entire 8 months! :thumbsup:
DH was extremely appreciative too. :p

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I *always* have weird food cravings. I will go days or weeks eating only one thing. Then I will crave something else and will go long periods eating only that food.

I love olives, Mexican food, pickles, pretzels, etc. :)

arly1983

It is probably just a hormone change or something...I really hate this IUD, the last 8.5 months have been horrible, I had heard that it used less hormones than any type of pill but I think it is still too much hormones for me.

broken4u05

I have tham all the time. All the time. Right now it is PB and marsmellow fluff sandwiches. And sweet tea and bubble tea. O i love it. And frutty pebbels but with vanilla yogart not milk. I even have cravings for food that i dont know what i want so i have everything till it hits the spot. lol

Loves2sing

I KNOW for 100% that I am not prego, and I have had the same thing happen to me recently. On a ski trip this past February, i found out that apparantly, I :love: LOVE:love: black olives. Hated them for years, and then I ordered Nachos, and black olives were all over the place. After trying to pick them out, I accidentally had a bite with an olive, and I started picking out the rest of the olives, cause that was all I wanted then! (Found out the Jenna loves them too! LOL, what 18month old loves Black olives? ha ha!)

Then a couple of days ago i went to the pantry to have some cereal, and there staring at me was SugarCrisp. I LOVE sugarcrisp! Well, at least I used to. All I could taste in it was the honey, and it was all I could do not to gag. Our taste buds do change over the years.

Now I want black olives:rolleyes:

LuvBug

I use to HATE mushrooms with a passion!! all kinds, no matter how they were served... now I crave just muschrooms! especially sauteed with onions!!
our tastes change, even unexpectedly

Im definitely not pregnant, even when I crave the weirdest things, its just not possible :p so I sum it up to hormone switch or just difference of season.

When I was pregnant I never craved anything! I thought it was weird cause all I ever saw on TV were people craving stuff, I thought everyone did lol!

arly1983

I crave mashed taters. All the time.

And CHEESE.

Yep, Cheese was my big craving with Jackson and chocolate with Camille. Right now, potatoes are being harvested and there is nothing like fresh from the field potatoes....good no matter how you cook them!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
the girl at the health food store says my cheese craving is just a lack of fat in my diet. something about fish oils. i cna't remember what it was. I have the bottle of the stuff I take everyday here somewhere.

mommy2jana

Lately I have been craving things with spicy mustard on them...any kind of sandwich or burger must have it on it. I haven't eaten spicy mustard in at least 4 or 5 yrs. I also go through stages where I crave onions on everything - doesn't matter if they're fresh and crunchy or sauteed!

I also used to love orange juice, would drink it all the time. I poured a glass the other day and I almost gagged! It tasted nasty and sour to me, but tasted fine to df and dd. Our tatse buds just change, I guess.

And Amanda - Jana loves black olives, too! She's loved them since she was probably the age of your dd! She and I can eat a whole can of them together in one sitting!

Loves2sing

And Amanda - Jana loves black olives, too! She's loved them since she was probably the age of your dd! She and I can eat a whole can of them together in one sitting!

She's the only other kid I have heard of then! Everyone who finds out Jenna loves black olives looks at me like I am crazy.

mommy2jana

She's the only other kid I have heard of then! Everyone who finds out Jenna loves black olives looks at me like I am crazy.

I know those looks! I get the same ones! Especially on the occasion that we go out to eat somewhere that has a salad bar - dd gets a plate full of black olives, along with some carrots, and fruit! :)

Loves2sing

We had a greek salad at a restaurant recently, and the black olives in it were a little too bitter for me, and Jenna ate every last one of them. Hilarious! I swear people think you're mean and forcing them to eat black olives! LOL

Last edited:

MsFacetious

My children would live on fruits and veggies if I'd let them. Olives, mushrooms, watermelon, grapes, ect. So your's isn't the only weird one. :)

I lived on Reese's and orange juice while I was pregnant. Lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC