Please assure me DS has another year in his Coccoro

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DS is 2, and he's miniscule--20lb and 31". The current plan is to get a new vehicle in 10-11 months, but until then our only real option for DS is the CCO. Please assure me he will last another year :eek:

fb21aab2.jpg

4115fd6d.jpg

For cuteness:
2ef98280.jpg

For reference, he's only grown an inch in the past year, and wears 6-9 month pants and size 2 shirts, which are too big but his head it too fat to squeeze into smaller shirts :rolleyes: His big sis was bigger (22lb 32" at 2) and could just barely squeeze into the CCO height-wise at 3.5, when we bought it.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Looking at the pics, and assuming he continues to grow at his normal pace (which is, to not grow :p) he has like 3 years left in it. But I hate the Radian RF so much that I'm freaking out he's going to grow like T2 overnight :p

Chely7425

Looking at the pics, and assuming he continues to grow at his normal pace (which is, to not grow :p) he has like 3 years left in it. But I hate the Radian RF so much that I'm freaking out he's going to grow like T2 overnight :p

That was T1 tyvm.... tho, T2 does it too. I am just praying he makes it to 3 in the freaking Radian at this point!!

skipspin

My Ds2 is almost 2.5 and around 27#s and still fits Rfing in his CCO. Does that make you feel better. (FWIW, he was 26#s at 8 months. Obviously he's not that fat now.) :p

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That was T1 tyvm.... tho, T2 does it too. I am just praying he makes it to 3 in the freaking Radian at this point!!

I can't keep the T's straight :eek: :p

Crossing my fingers for you!! It looks like he will make it :D

I think he will too. But I still freak out a little. And I'm hoping the new Maxi-Cosi fits in the car :whistle:

My Ds2 is almost 2.5 and around 27#s and still fits Rfing in his CCO. Does that make you feel better. (FWIW, he was 26#s at 8 months. Obviously he's not that fat now.) :p

Wow! My kids are all teeny but I have always wanted a chubby baby. I love the squishy baby fat :love:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Phineasmama said:
You mean the brand spankin new one they are coming out with? I am curious about that too!

Yes! I really dislike the Priori but the new seat looks cool, and narrow.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

Phineasmama

I really want to see it in person, if it's narrow enough it might work perfectly for my 3 across too!

Wonder if anyone on here has pre-ordered it :cool:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I haven't preordered it but I'm considering it. The covers on my CCO are getting horrid.

I am not expecting a bug growth spurt... DD2 grew 4 inches and gained 4 lbs in six months after we figured out her allergies, but he's had those sorted out for ages and he still doesn't grow ;)

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

crunchierthanthou

It might not last another year, but possibly until he's 3 next spring. I guess I'd be okay with turning him at that point. not ideal, but if the other option is a new car that's not in the budget... then age 3 is reasonable. That is, if the CCO fits ff in the same spot.

Phineasmama

I just read on the maxi cosi website that it's 19.5" at the widest point...which sounds almost like Marathon-ish size to me :( I wonder if it is really that wide or if the sleeker design will help...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow that sounds bigger than it looks :(

He has 11.5 months until his third birthday, so hopefully he has at least that long :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC