I DID A GOOD THING!

mcbuena

so in our pediatricians office, there is a program that plays called KidCare TV. its all about educating parents on differnt things, vaccines, motionsickness ect. well, in the motion sick ess segment, the booster seat the girl was in didnt have the seat belt threaded through the red positioner. and then there was a boy who didnt look like he was in a booster at all, and the saetvelt was cutting across his neck. i emailed them telling them it was wrong, they were doing an injustice to new parents who might not know these things. i got an email back!

Hello there~

(I am sorry I don't have your name...it was not on the email that was forwarded to me.)

I am writing to you today regarding the email you sent in to KidCARE TV regarding the Motion Sickness segment.

First, thank you very much for taking the time to write in, and bring this matter to our attention.

I was the Producer/Director on this segment, and you are 100% correct that this is a problem.

I was actually directing this from outside the van, and did not actually see what was being shot, otherwise I am pretty certain I would have caught it. The irony of this, is that the little girl is my daughter, and I know with 100% certainty that the seat belt is ALWAYS looped through the red guide. I fear that when the shot was set up, it came loose, and the camera operator didn't realize what had happened.

Regardless, this is not acceptable, and we appreciate you taking the time to point this out. We have produced over 500 hours of content for these segments, and I am proud to say that problems like this are extremely rare. Thanks to conscientious viewers like you (and modern technology) we are able to quickly correct them.

We are going to reshoot that portion asap, along with the little boy where the seat belt is cutting into his neck. Even though he was on a booster (it was hard to see), because he was pretending to be asleep, and his head was leaning over, it just doesn't look correct. We will be remedying that immediately as well.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about this!

Please let me know that you received this.

Best,

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC