UPDATE on my needing prayers post.

chelle80

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes. (http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=17850)

We ended up going to Jasper,TX on friday, DH couldn't stand going to work while his dad was laying 300+ miles away by himself. So he dropped his trailer and came home. I had everything packed so when he got here all he did was helped me buckle in the boys and we were off. It was a 5 hour drive and we only had to stop once for a potty break, the kids did great. We got there about 8pm, but he was in ICU and visiting hours ended at 7:20pm. We explained to the nurse why we wanted to see him that late and they were great about it, they let DH slip in there for a few and see him. His wife and step-daughter got there about midnight(they didn't want to take off from work early to get there), so they didn't get to see him until the next day(neither did i). We stayed at a hotel that night, and was back at the hospital at 6am, however i didn't get to see him until 11am, but that was ok, DH got to see him everytime.

He was busted up pretty bad, he fell from the yop of his loaded flatbed trailer. He fell face first onto a gravel(not concrete) lot from about 15/16 feet. He had mulitiple facial fractures, broken nose and both cheeks, so of course now he has 2 black eyes. He also had a pretty big gooseegg on his head. He shattered the 1st layer of one of the bones in his arm, they said the fragments would be reabsorbed. And he sprained his other wrist. It also knocked out his front teeth.

He was released saturday afternoon so we made the trip home, poor man was in so much pain and in such a grumpy mood. His wife and step-daughter said after he got setled in at home he told SD to go outside and get the orange extension cord so he could plug in the AC. All she could find we a faded out yellow one(which was the orange one, it had just laid in the sun and faded) and he got so mad, he started telling both of them they were worthless and good for nothing. Luckily we knew he was going to be like this so we expected it, he was still doped up from the hospital(they gave him something since we had a long ride).

Also things are looking better for mom and hopefully she will get to come home this week!!!!

ADS

Loves2sing

I'm sorry to hear about this! I didn't see the previous thread earlier. I pray the the recovery goes well, and quickley! I also pray that you guys have a safe trip home as well! Thank Go dhe is going to be okay!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC