Done.

purplemama

I'm done. Just done. I have battled for 2 hours trying to get a BLVD70 next to either a MA65 or an XTSL (both RF). It's just not happening. I've posted about this before so I'm sorry I posted again but I need to vent about it to people who know.

Even turning the XTSL FF didn't help at all. Everything I try just doesn't work. My hands hurt, I'm soaked with sweat and I'm shaking because I'm exausted and so upset. The stupid XTSL just isn't as narrow as it appears and that darn RF boot makes it impossible to get farther over so I have room. And the BLVD70 when in the center sits on the buckle for the outboard so my 13 year old wouldn't be able to buckle. I had it center before but I can't get it to work this time :confused:.

GAH!!! I'm so upset I'm in tears. We're going to look at minivans tonight but unless they want to trade even-up for an '02 SUV with horrible milage that has a nasty squeak/grinding that the mechanic can't figure out and a fickle spedometer and no e-brake we are SOL.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I HATE the stupid keyfit and the red marks it leaves on DD. I want to start using the BLVD70 for her, that's just not happening right now.

ADS

bnsnyde

Sounds like a very serious attempt to make this work!

And in this heat...impressive.
Sorry it did not work.

(Just last week I did my Radian install and was covered in sweat, during the heat wave. Fun times. I even kept the vehicle in the garage to do this b/c opening the door would have woken up my husband. And he'd wonder why I was going to play with carseats at 11pm. But he ought to know me by now.)

Mom2three

I am shocked. There isn't a 3 across I haven't been able to do in my Trailblazer. I do have the third row, but my mom has a 2005 w/o one. I can work on different combinations if you want. I have am XTSL and a MA70, and a bunch of others too.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can you use the rn and the mr and leave the bv out of the picture? Our use a classic britax instead?

I'm sorry, I have btdt (sweating, in a tank top in ohio in Feb) and it stinks. :(

love-pink

What year is your suv? I have an 06 Envoy XL and have had many 3 across situations. I have lots of pictures in my albums and you can pm me if you have an specific questions.

As far as your son not being able to buckle with the rn in the center, put your 13 year old behind the passenger seat and he should have plenty of buckle room. ;)

love-pink

Also if getting a mr is an option that gives you the most buckle room on both sides if put in the center spot. I havent tried it but Im 90% sure there would be plenty of room behind the driver seat to put an rn next to that. So it would be:

Driver Passenger
Radian Myride 13 y/o

An remember to always use the seat belts to install because it allows you to scoot the seats a ton closer towards the doors. :D

purplemama

I am shocked. There isn't a 3 across I haven't been able to do in my Trailblazer. I do have the third row, but my mom has a 2005 w/o one. I can work on different combinations if you want. I have am XTSL and a MA70, and a bunch of others too.

I've posted with my issues before and everybody always says they can get so many combos in their trailblazer. I honestly don't see how. Not to be rude :eek: or anything. I guess I'm too picky about how they fit?

Can you use the rn and the mr and leave the bv out of the picture? Our use a classic britax instead?

I'm sorry, I have btdt (sweating, in a tank top in ohio in Feb) and it stinks. :(

I don't have a MR :confused:. I was using a MA65. And leaving the BLVD70 out of the picture is out of the question because it's purple. :D

What year is your suv? I have an 06 Envoy XL and have had many 3 across situations. I have lots of pictures in my albums and you can pm me if you have an specific questions.

As far as your son not being able to buckle with the rn in the center, put your 13 year old behind the passenger seat and he should have plenty of buckle room. ;)

He can buckle okay with the RN center (I have him behind the passenger side to prevent accidental unbuckling of a car seat). But if I put the BLVD70 there it sits over the buckle.

Oh, it's an '02.

Also if getting a mr is an option that gives you the most buckle room on both sides if put in the center spot. I havent tried it but Im 90% sure there would be plenty of room behind the driver seat to put an rn next to that. So it would be:

Driver Passenger
Radian Myride 13 y/o

An remember to always use the seat belts to install because it allows you to scoot the seats a ton closer towards the doors. :D

Yep, using the seatbelt. But it gives no more room with the RN because the boot feet thingys will only fit between the LATCH bars, the metal hinges to fold down get in the way outside of the LATCH bars.

purplemama

So after many tears and lots of sweat I finally remembered that if I put the XTSL center I can fit the BLVD70 outboard. NOT AT ALL where I would like them but at this point I have no choice. Not sure why I didn't try that earlier. I think I was just bent on getting the BLVD70 center. Or maybe my brain was overheated. Or maybe I'm just a whinny baby who wants my kids seats to fit perfect where I want them too. Maybe I need to get a grip. :eek::eek::eek:

I hope it cools off soon so I can play around with it a little more!!

Phineasmama

I totally know how you feel! I can't have the "perfect" (in my mind) setup in my vehicle either. And it's really freaking hot here :cool:

love-pink

Im also extremely picky about how my seats are installed :) If they are not shake the car tight I dont use them. I also do not like mine to touch. Im in Michigan too so if you need any help Id be glad to help :D

creideamh

Ugh, I know how you feel. I've been trying 3 acrosses in my Prius for the past 4 months and wanting to die as the temperature keeps climbing. And I just put a RA50 in my mom's car, easy peasy, but was SOAKED in sweat in 2 minutes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC