Pool noodles - solid vs. hollow

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't care in the least. Thought I prefer ones that aren't in the shape of flowers, and I try to buy gender neutral colored ones.

Wendy

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I prefer hollow, for their greater flexibility in height. But like Wendy, I don't care THAT much about it, as long as they aren't flowers which are harder to stack.

littleangelfire

Solid.

Someone in our neighborhood threw out several pool noodles the other day. I stopped at the curb and had my son put them in the trunk.

canadiangie

When I can find solid I buy them over hollow, but I'll take anything.

I prefer the white ones. When I find white I buy every one they have.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I like the flower ones. lol

Really, I will take whatever I can get for free. I try to stay away from pink, if I can.

mom22boys

CPS Technician
I haven't seen any solid ones around here all season. While some are thicker than others, they all have a small hole in the middle. I have a variety of colors. I let the kid (or big sib) pick the colors for the noodle stack. My current roll of duct tape is red. Might as well make it fun.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
canadiangie said:
When I can find solid I buy them over hollow, but I'll take anything.

I prefer the white ones. When I find white I buy every one they have.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a white one. Just neon.

babyherder

Wow, I apparently know nothing about pool noodles! Some are solid? They come in white??? I'll have to look more closely in stores next year

gsdguenter

I haven't seen the solid ones in years. I thought they stopped making them. And white! I'll have to keep an eye out.

I pretty much get pink cuz I have DDs and hollow cuz that's all I can ever find. I do have one green flower one though.

littleangelfire

In my class the instructor mentioned that they order noodles straight through life foam - life form, not sure what she said, but has anyone done this? For something that usually only cost $1 anyways, it seemed odd, but maybe it's a LOT cheapeR?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
FTR, I never see the solid ones at Target, drug stores, etc. I only see them at swimming/pool stores, and therefore they tend to be more expensive.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I only buy the white solid ones :)

I buy them in bulk from a pool supply store, they work out to $2 each.

libranbutterfly

I would prefer solid, but rarely see them anymore.

Thanks for the reminder I need to get a noodle just incase, since it will be hard to find them in February.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC