Question Seat DIMENSIONS, could someone help please? Radian vs Generations 65 booster

Hi there;

Yet AGAIN I find myself being FRUSTRATED by either a stroller or a carseat!!!!:mad: this time, it's the latter...

HOPING SOMEone here knows a bit more about the DIMENSIONS of either/any of these car seats...

Does anyone know the DEPTH dimensions of the Generations 65 booster...the WIDTH? (the same one that's on the TRU website on sale right now)?

***what I mean by depth is how much FURTHER FORWARD it is? Does it go as FAR forward (right in there behind the child's knee area) as the frontier or is it "neat" and flush or even an inch or so from the end of the seat.

Right now, we have a BFrontier and a Radian for our kids and although I LOVE the frontier, it is a HUGE seat and very DEEP and leaves LITTLE foot/legroom for our child AND us up front (*we have a Nissan Sentra*)
We USED to have 2 frontiers and have just LOANED one of them "traded" to my SIL for us to TRY the Radian in our car and *with our son*...Okay, as far as my SON is concerned, he's ALRIGHT in the Radian but I think he prefers the slightly reclined and plushier frontier...my son's shorter legs just TRAIL off the frontier (which wind up taking up MORE space which makes my seet need to be up yet another notch)...

So NOW that these generations boosters are on sale...with those KNOBS (adjusters) I just ADORE so MUCH!!!:D:love: (DD used to have a seat with those when she was tiny)...I'd LOVE to buy these seats and either put away or sell the frontiers...But ONLY if they're SMALLER in their DEPTH.
*I know, they have shorter topslots, I'll DEAL with that later*

Sorry to be so WORDY...ANY info would be extreeeemely helpful...thanks in advance!!:)

Julie

Mom to Sara 6 1/2 48" tall & 45lb in Britax Frontier
James 4 43" tall and 42lb in Radian

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, the document is actively maintained by a moderator here, using measurements that are submitted on the site. So it's not like it really goes inactive. If you get measurements that are different, fell free to PM Momtoeliem to update it.

Wendy

Looked again, it doesn't GIVE the info I need...which is the EXternal seat DEPTH...I'll have to go and TRY/buy and install to know...

Ohhh it only has a max harnessed height of 50"??? Is that a typo? (frontier is 57", radian 53")...may not be right for us?

Or if someone HAS the Generations 65 booster in a Nissan Sentra??? (just HOPING I suppose!)

Thanks alot,
Julie

Last edited:

Mommy2Marcus

I have a Generations 65. While it is a good seat, I would look into the Maestro over the Generations 65. It (the Maestro) has taller top slots & the seat on it is shorter than the Generations 65. I own both & like the Maestro better as well. I find it slightly easier to install & it will take up less room in a smaller car width wise & give them more leg room. My son does ride in a Generations 65 in my DH's small 2 door Cavalier though & has no problem riding behind my tall DH who has his seat almost all the way back.

However my son who is almost 5 is only about 1 inch from the top slots & he has a pretty short torso. He has about 3 inches left in the Maestro. Also the Generations 65 makes a horrible booster & the Maestro makes a good booster. The Maestro only runs about $80. I really just think it is a little better seat & you get more for your money from it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Remember that stated height limits mean little. What matters is the top shoulder height for the harness and booster portions. I don't know the highest booster guide height on the Generations off the top of my head, but the harness is 16.5". The Maestro is 18". The Radian is about 17.5", and the Frontier is close to 20". As a booster the Maestro is also 18", and the Frontier is about 23".

Wendy

Marinesfamily5

I agree with the above. Look into the Maestro.
I have a generations and it is pretty deep in the seat. My DS is tall and skinny, while it does work for him, its a bit roomy and we have it in our 3rd row. His knees are very close to the seat in front.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC