Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Ralea

Flying with two year old.

I am going to be flying with my two year old daughter. Both ways we are doing about an hour on the plane then a plane change then another hour or so. I don't know what to do about a seat for her. I was told about the CARES harness but really don't have the funds to purchase one for just one trip. I have two choices for carseats to use. My sister has a Graco Snugride 32 and I have a First Years True-fit. I would really appreciate any ideas. The other thing I was wondering is if anyone know of anywhere in Saskatchewan where I can rent a CARES harness. I really think this would be our best option. We will be using the bus system while in Winnipeg so I won't need her car seat there. Thanks for reading.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Flying with two year old.

How big is your 2yo? Do ou know if your 2yo still fits in the snugride?

f you borrow your sister's snugride, do you have a stroller that you could use it with? My first recommendation would be to use the snugride if it fits your child. It would be fairly easy to use with the stroller. Once you get to your destination, you can leave the car seat at the place you are staying and use the stroller when you are out and about.

Renting or borrowing a cares harness sounds like the 2nd best option. I'm sorry I can't help you with that part though.

Melanie

Re: Flying with two year old.

I would use the snugride if you can, it would be great if she falls asleep and you can just carry her off the plane in it.
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010