Hopefully got an 11 month old turned back around!!

msg221

Yesterday our whole work section had an off site meeting. Two of my co-workers rode with me to the meeting site and one of them noticed the RN in my back seat, rear facing. I saw the look of confusion on her face and then she asked me which kids were still "riding backwards." I said all of them, but Nour & Zain are the most frequent riders and they just turned 3. Then she said, "Oh, because E (her grandson) has been forward facing for a few months now, since his mom said he outgrew the other seat (a Baby Trend bucket)." :eek: I told her "He really needs to be turned back rear facing. He is way too young to be FF" and explained why. She said she told her son that (her son and his ex-girlfriend are the parents of this baby) but he said "It's ok, B (the ex GF) said he's too big so she turned him around." I then explained that his seat RF's to 40 lbs. I know, because I sold her my old MR about six months ago! The other problem is that the seat keeps getting moved back and forth between her vehicle and the mom's vehicle. (The baby's mother lives a couple of houses down so she is always at their house with the baby). She insists her son has it installed correctly and I breathed a huge sigh of relief when she even said he tethered it so he just may have, but the fact remains that the baby needs to be rear facing! I told her if he wanted to come by, I would check the seat.

I sent her the link to Joel's Journey and hope that she passes it on to her son. She did mention to me that she talked to her son and the baby's mother and told her that E needs to be turned back around. I pray they listen to her!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Maybe you can print out one of the pamphlets I made for them, too? I know a few of my friends turned their littlest ones back around or committed to RF their kids whom they were about to turn longer, when they saw pictures of my crash and learned that Maggie had NO injuries because she was RF. (You can even tell them that her insurance was billed by the ER for a "well-child visit!")

msg221

Yes, I would LOVE to give her the pamphlet. Can you please link me to it? I will place a whole display of them by the Monterey that I plan to donate to our silent auction in the next couple of months!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC