Stain removing tips?

ignora

Senior Community Member
It's a long story, but the short version is that Sidney managed to get into some leftover Easter egg dye this morning. :eek: Blue. She looked like a Smurf. I would have taken picures if I hadn't been so REALLY irritated at the time... would have been good for her album. Oh, well...

So, anyway, does anybody know how best to remove Easter egg dye from fabric? I managed to get it off the wall, floor, etc. But, it also got on a brand new top (I did rinse and got a lot out, but not all). And my NOT blue bed comforter. And her stuffed cat chair... aka can't be thrown in the washer.

Should've just thrown the darn stuff out. Thank goodness it was non-toxic because, based on the blue ring around her mouth, I think she tried to eat it. That's what I get for trying to be frugal...

ADS

amyg530

DS got into my food coloring and covered himself in it, the advice i got was to make a paste w/ baking soda to get it out of his skin, not sure if it'll work on clothes but its worth a try

Yikes! Long ago, my now-8-yr-old son got into my food colorings somehow. Blue liquid FC ALL. OVER. MY. CARPETS. :thumbsdown: And himself, too. I think I just bathed him, and he had some very blue skin in a few areas for a few days. I may have tried scrubbing gently, but probably not much.

The carpet was another story. :rolleyes: I have a small-area handheld spot cleaner, and basically I soaked the area of the carpet with tons of water and then used the handheld-cleaner to suck the water back out. Empty reservoir, suck up more water, repeat. Then, re-soak, repeat, etc. I did this with just plain water at first, to get out as much of the ink as possible. After that, I sprayed it with whatever run-of-the-mill carpet/upholstery spray I had on hand (probably Resolve or Woolite pet spray), and let it sit a day. It was still damp of course, when I went back to finish cleaning it. But I resprayed it, then did the full treatment with the handheld, and got *most* of the blue out eventually. A little bit of sun-bleaching over time and I could hardly see it when we moved out. I don't think the landlord noticed... :eek:

For the clothing, I would suggest washing it several times WITHOUT DRYING to see how much will wash out without harsh cleaners. Then maybe try one of the stronger products like oxy-clean and such to treat it.

Good luck!

ignora

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Ugh! I'm still working on it... I just might have to learn to live with some light blue spots on my comforter. I wasn't really worried about her skin so much... though it looks funky right now, I know it will go away eventually.

I'm sure I'll laugh about this someday... eventually... but not right now. :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC