She *hates* FF & I won the RF/FF debate!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Today we put DD1's MA FF for a 2-hr road trip. DH has been bugging me alot lately about getting her a Regent instead of a Signo. He's afraid she's uncomfy having her legs scrunched. I know I'm not ready to put her FF, but the best way to have the MA+bucket+adult in the backseat of my mom's Taurus is to have the MA FF. On the way down, she was ok but seemed pretty uncomfortable (she kept trying to pull her legs up). Then as soon as we left to come home she fell asleep. She was only out for about 15 minutes before she woke up SCREAMING and saying her legs hurt. We pulled over, and I turned the MA back RF. She was totally happy for the rest of the trip. We think that having her legs dangling while asleep made her poor feet fall asleep. DH quickly agreed that she seems very comfortable RF and that he's NOT looking forward to having to turn her FF and deal with her poor feetsies falling asleep every time we go anywhere.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Leila was the same way! ;) When I did have to turn her FF without any chance of RF again, the Regent was the best option since she could fold her legs "criss cross apple sauce" (indian style) thanks to its width -- otherwise an empty styrofoam box or rolled up old comforter helped.... I once even put a bunch of balloons in a trash bag :p Others have tied rope to unused LATCH anchors with a hollow pool noodle for kiddo to rest feet on :whistle: These ideas might help when the time comes to be FF, but good for you to keep kiddo RF as long as possible: there's nothing better for safety or comfort :thumbsup:

Yoshi

My DD is already way past RF days, but we use a reading pillow (the kind they sell to put behind you on your bed) upside down in the footwell in front of her. She can rest her feet and it is squishy, so comfortable! I could never use styrofoam because of the squeaking- that sound puts me over the edge, LOL!

teekadog

That sounds exactly like my 4yo dd. We'll be turning her ffing within the month, I bet, as she's even outgrowing the Scenera. We hope to get a Regent next year. In the meantime, I might try the reader's pillow-- I hadn't heard of that one!

elle7715

Yay for rearfacing! DH wants me to get a Regent and turn DD FF too. I'm planning on getting one Signo. DD will RF in it as long as possible, then it will go to DS. I'll then get DD a Regent so hopefully we won't have to deal with legs falling asleep. Of course then he'll just complain about how hard it is to buckle her in, but oh well. :rolleyes: If we got DD a Regent now it'd expire before she was too big for it, so I'd just buy another one!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Which cover are you getting for the Signo, Elle? With 2 girls of course we're getting 2 in blush!

I was telling DH about how kids in Sweden RF for 5+ years and he really wants to illegally import a Swedish carseat! He's totally on board for getting another Signa now, which is our best bet since she is only about 2" from outgrowing her Marathon RF, and she's going thru another growth spurt :( We're really hoping that she grows in width instead of height this time :p

elle7715

Which cover are you getting for the Signo, Elle? With 2 girls of course we're getting 2 in blush!

I was telling DH about how kids in Sweden RF for 5+ years and he really wants to illegally import a Swedish carseat! He's totally on board for getting another Signa now, which is our best bet since she is only about 2" from outgrowing her Marathon RF, and she's going thru another growth spurt :( We're really hoping that she grows in width instead of height this time :p

We're getting boring Sand LOL. I actually like it better than the Blush. DD will use that until she's too big to RF and then it will get passed down to DS. I think. I might get DD a BV (in Shannon :love: ) and DS may get the Recaro right away. Decisions, decisions! If the Recaro had girly prints I'd be sold for sure. That's great your DH wants to RF that long. Mine knows I won't budge so he stopped whining. It *does* hurt his back to put her in RF. But he only does that a few times a month. When DS outgrows the Snugride he'll be in the center and DD will be outboard. Then it'll be easier on our backs. DD is in a never ending growth spurt but now her legs are starting to catch up. Thank goodness, I thought she was going to be in 18 month pants forever! She did get wider at the hips too. She's still a little squirt but since our seats have 15" top slots she'll outgrow them soon. DS's torso is over 11" now. I need to find a way to weigh him...our Snugride has a 20 lb limit and he might be getting close to that. Sorry this is rambly, I need to get to bed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC