BJCM and OnBoard 35

luvsviola

For awhile, I've been meaning to take pics of this and keep forgetting. You can use a BJCM with an OnBoard 35 seat, even though BJ says you cannot. You need the belly bar set to the middle position in the lower holes, and to take the sun canopy off, and it is so secure, you would swear the belly bar was made to do this. It is so much easier to fold than a Snap N Go, and you end up with a much nicer stroller in the end. I stopped using my SNG as soon as I got this.

a3633c59.jpg

93ed8d02.jpg

3c404913.jpg

757af477.jpg

dcae7e89.jpg

ADS

canadiangie

I use my KF in both my single and double Micro quite regularly. I use homemade adapter straps looped around the frame of the stroller and fed thru the belt guides on the car seat. I do the same with my Mac Quest.

I've lost count the number of adapter strap sets I've sewn for friends over the years... every one amazed you don't actually need an $80 "adapter kit" to dock a seat to a stroller. :eek:

Good job on thinking outside the box, OP. And boy that purple is gorgeous. :love:

Keeanh

I use my KF in both my single and double Micro quite regularly. I use homemade adapter straps looped around the frame of the stroller and fed thru the belt guides on the car seat. I do the same with my Mac Quest.

I've lost count the number of adapter strap sets I've sewn for friends over the years... every one amazed you don't actually need an $80 "adapter kit" to dock a seat to a stroller. :eek:

Good job on thinking outside the box, OP. And boy that purple is gorgeous. :love:

LOL, yep, I have a homemade adapter strap on my BJCM. I was going to do that thing with the belly bar (the SR22 fits perfectly as well), but preferred to have the weight of the baby on the seat of the stroller rather than on the belly bar.

ETA: Angie, do you have any idea how the seat width of the micro & mini compare? I can't fit the SR22 on my mini double. I'm wondering if a KF will fit if we have another baby.

jennypenny

I know this thread is a little old, but...

Canadiangie or Keeanh could you please tell me how to make the adapter straps? I am not the least bit crafty:eek:

Thanks so much

Jenn

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Jenn- if you don't feel like trying to be crafty you can always just order them from here http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-chaperone-adapter-strap-kit.html

Canadiangie and Keeanh - I made it my mission to get the OnBoard to fit different strollers when I started working at a certain baby store. I haven't tried the belly bar method on the BJCM, but will try it out tomorrow if I get a chance. I did find out that you can use the Chicco adapter and just turn the metal bars around so it says "head" where the foot of the OnBoard goes and "foot" where the head of the OB goes. I've been able to get a very nice fit on all of the Baby Joggers (CM, CS, CE, and Summit). The OB also fits very nicely in a P3. You need to use the straps when putting it on the BJ strollers, but it fits very nicely in the P3 without any additional straps. However, my experience with first time parents has been that they *must* have the car seat click into the stroller, otherwise it isn't safe and their baby could be knocked right out of the stroller! :rolleyes:

jennypenny

leblanlm, Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't even think to look and see if I could just buy some!!!

Jenn

Keeanh

Hi! Just stumbled on this thread. I've taken the straps off because Rebekah is 13 months and I'm not doing the "don't wake the baby!!" thing anymore. But they're just like the ones leblanlm linked. I bought 1" nylon webbing and the buckle pieces from the fabric store.

Hi Ladies,
I know this is an older post...hoping someone will take a look...I really want a safety 1st onboard35 or onboard 35 air AND I really want a BJ city mini stroller. I read the posts and realize there is a way to make it work, but I am someone who needs more details.
So do I need both the belly bar and the britax straps that someone suggested? While I don't need to hear a click to know it is safe, but is it a secure fit?

Has anyone found a way to make an onboard35 (air or not) fit without removing the canopy of the stroller? If so, please let me know!!

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can offer me more details and help!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC