Do you own a Zooper Twist, Inglesina Swift, or Mac Triumph/Quest?

Jenna

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a lightweight stroller for a 3 1/2 toddler and after much researching (my eyes are so tired), I've narrowed it down to these:

Zooper Twist
Maclaren Triumph
Maclaren Quest
Inglesina Swift

What I'd like to know is what the seat backs of these are actually like.
(the local stores here don't carry these)

--Are the seat backs a piece of board or fabric/hammock like?
--I heard the Inglesina may be a bit small for my toddler. Can you tell me how tall the seat back is?
--I know the Maclarens do well with weight capacity, but what about the seat back being tall enough to support a preschooler's head?

Thanks!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd go Quest, that pretty pink one at albeebaby for 129... :D But if you need something that's ultra light and you can throw on your shoulder like a bag when she is walking, get the Volo, it's got a more comfortable seat (deeper) than the Triumph, and that carry strap is fantastic (Triumph has it too, but that shallow seat isn't so hot).

:)

lovinwaves

My new FAV stroller is the Mia Moda Cielo!!! http://www.miamodainc.com/strollers/cielo.asp

It is super cool, and accomodates larger children. It also has a super fab fold and is lightweight!

I sell it for $149 free shipping

features_cielo.jpg

ajay

I have the Mac Quest and Mac Volo and LOVE LOVE LOVE them both!! I also had the Mac Triumph but returned it.

The Triumph I bought for my (then) 7 month old. He hated it. It didn't recline enough (hardly at all) and it is very shallow in the seat. The edge of the seat hit right in the middle of his chubby thighs, and he had red marks constantly.

So I returned it for the Quest, which is wonderful. It reclines very far- not to a full laying down position, but definitely enough to hold a cup or take a good nap. I also love that the leg rest extends- this has been invaluable for long day trips in the stroller. The seat back is a long thin piece of plastic with padding and fabric over it. I would think it would definitely fit a preschooler. It folds up like a dream, weighs basically nothing, and is so easy to transport!

I use the Volo for my now 6 year old, but we started using it when she was
4. The Volo has been through New York City, Washington DC, and Disney World 3 times-- on and off every type of public transportation, subway, and small taxi imaginable. The seat is just fabric- no support or way to recline it, but it is by far the lightest and easiest stroller I have ever owned.

If you won't be needing the extra features (leg rest, seat recline, padding) of the Quest or Triumph, I say save the $$ and get the Volo. Either way, Maclaren is the way to go!

jn__

the swift and the quest both have a firm back. the quest is a bit deeper, I think. For a toddler, were I to do it all over again, VOLO. I have a triumph that I used for a younger baby, and he still prefers it, but the seat is very shallow. However my daughter (3) will sit in it and she likes it too, so who knows.

The swift is nice and I have no real complaints, but nothing steers like a mac. Both kids really liked to sit in that one though.

Oh, as far as the head height, the triumph seems kind of short in that dept, but the volo is fine, and I am not sure about the quest, as I haven't used mine in ages.

babychild taxi

I have a Zooper Twist (and Waltz). It is lightweight and easy to push, as long as you are not on rough ground-it can be pushed, but not as smoothly as flat ground. The seat has good sized tall back for bigger kids. I don't use strollers every day since I don't have kids. I use them for my little friends, so I can't say how they do over time after being used everyday.

K.

Jenna

Thanks to everyone with their feedback! Well, it looks like Triumph is out, since several have said the seat isn't very deep. I guess I'm considering the Volo (which I hadn't before since it seemed too minimal) and the Zooper Twist.

Babychild Taxi:
Do you think the Zooper Twist has a deep seat? Can I ask what the depth of it is? And does the upright position seem more or less a 90 degrees?

Thanks!

lovemyfamily

I would go with the Maclarens.
Zooper makes a nice AT stroller, but they don't do that well in the lightweight department.
There really is just nothing compared to a Mac. Even with my 50 lb. 5yo in my Maclaren Ryder, I can still push it with 1 hand, and I am by no means a body builder.

louisandheather

I have the zooper twist and I love it! The seat is deep and you can adjust the height of the canopy as well as the foot rest. It also has a pretty good weight limit. I really love that it has a bigger canopy than the others. The back rest is sturdy as it is supported by a metal frame. Good luck on your quest!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC