Does anyone else hate the SKJP d-ring?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Every time I have to move my Radian, it takes forever to get the RF tether unclipped. It's like the d-ring is too thick for the clip. Usually I can get it off on the side of the d-ring, but half the time I have to monkey with it forever, it's so annoying!! Am I the only one? It's a 2010 65SL.

ADS

smileybrea

CPS Technician
No you are not the only one! I HATE that thing! I find the side easier too..we've been moving it a lot lately..more than normal so I've gotten a better hang of it but it is a serious PITB :thumbsdown:

bnsnyde

I soooooo agree with you. Who designed this? It's like it does not come out w/o EFFORT.
Mine is in and I'm AFRAID to ever move that seat. They need a better design of the clip or people won't RF tether in travel situations.

sunnymw

I used to have the same problem. Then I turned the metal piece 180 degrees so the part that used to be under the cloth was now showing. Problem solved....... That side is much narrower. :)

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I used to have the same problem. Then I turned the metal piece 180 degrees so the part that used to be under the cloth was now showing. Problem solved....... That side is much narrower. :)

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

omg I'm at work and resisting the urge to sprint outside to my car try this. You are my hero if it works on mine!!!

sunnymw

Pic... As you can see mine is backwards with the narrower part out.

284790_192073327518453_100001473628490_556490_5481408_n.jpg

all together ooky

OMG! I didn't realize that it was different sizes on each side. I'm so going to put the narrower side out. Getting it on is fine and dandy, getting it off can be a pain. Thank you.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I just flat hate their tether. I can never get it undone out of DH's car. Don't have quite the problem with it rf'ing as we do when it's ff.

sunnymw

emma41256 said:
That totally worked - THANK YOU!!!! :love:

:ROTFLMAO: no problem!! :love:

sunnymw

KaysKidz said:
I just flat hate their tether. I can never get it undone out of DH's car. Don't have quite the problem with it rf'ing as we do when it's ff.

I can never get it unhooked without work from my car's tether anchors. I have to push on the release, then tilt 90 degrees, then slide downward and around. Total pain.

bnsnyde

I used it how it came. Is it OK to modify and switch the sides as indicated in the posts?
Looks like the thin part could be less strong.
I tried the fixed way to see and it still was not fun. :)

Maybe the Britax one is just easy!

sunnymw

bnsnyde said:
I used it how it came. Is it OK to modify and switch the sides as indicated in the posts?
Looks like the thin part could be less strong.
I tried the fixed way to see and it still was not fun. :)

Maybe the Britax one is just easy!

I personally feel ok doing it because rf tethering isn't required, it is just a little extra... And doing it with the wide part out is such a pain (I move seats a lot) that I used to opt to not tether it at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC