Question Booster seat for 9 y.o. in WI/IL?

AtownMom

I have a very good friend who doesn't have any children of her own, but is watching a couple of her nephews from out of town next week. She asked me for advice about using a booster for her youngest nephew but b/c my kids aren't that old yet I'm kind of clueless. He's 9, but she's estimating only around 80 lbs. She doesn't think he uses anything at home in IL but would like to make sure she's keeping him safe and following all recommendations and laws here in WI. Do you think one of those $14 nbb's from Wal-Mart would be good? Or if it's not illegal, and he's not used to using them anyways, should she just not worry too much about it? Anyone know the recs for child passenger safety for a 80 lb 9 y.o.?

ADS

fyrfightermomma

I am in Wisconsin. The law is 8 or 80 or 4'9". So legally she doesn't have to worry. However, safety wise she does. If ve doesn't pass the 5 step test posted above he will need one. A no back harmony from Walmart should be just fine if he needs one as long as he has adequate head support. Kudos for her for thinking ahead!

AtownMom

I am in Wisconsin. The law is 8 or 80 or 4'9". So legally she doesn't have to worry. However, safety wise she does. If ve doesn't pass the 5 step test posted above he will need one. A no back harmony from Walmart should be just fine if he needs one as long as he has adequate head support. Kudos for her for thinking ahead!

She is really a great auntie and this is what she's going to do. Go to Wal-mart and if he doesn't end up needing it then just return it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC