Safety 1st AeroLite Travel System

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I doubt it would last til age 2, most babies outgrow the infant seats by 15-18 months (averaging there) some WAY earlier, some later.

KMart takes Sears cards as well if that helps.

mburks26

around $200
she wants a travel system for a boy and I really want a seat that has a higher weight limit. Shes a signal mom basically on her own just got out of high school in May. I was hoping she would go for a convertible like the ETA or True fit so we didn't have to get another seat for a while.
As far as the baby size I have no idea her first and in May she was not showing at all and now she has ballooned out and baby is due in Nov. She looks as big as I was a month or so before I had my dd.

Kat_Momof3

I'd probably still just make one with the seat and stroller I linked to... sears/kmart doesn't have any other front-adjust seats in a travel system for that budget.

however, if you can sway her some... I'd look on craigslist for the stroller(s) (a carseat carrier one and a lightweight one for after that) and that way you can get her the infant seat and a safety 1st Uptown.

brooklynsmommy

I would do the infant carrier and snap and go as well. Once they are big enough and will be in the stroller all the time, it is nicer to have a lighter weight stroller. There is absolutely nothing wrong with putting a baby in the stroller though when they are small. It's actually encouraged.

mburks26

is there not an advantage of getting a higher weight infant seat then
I don't mind getting her a higher weight convertible in a year of so when we can afford it she likes the true fit but does not want it now.
Shes just being picky and wants the infant seat and stroller to match as she says she wants to start walking as soon as she can so she can lose the baby weight. I think I used my strollers maybe 5 times

lovemybabybug

The infant seat that comes with the travel system in your link is the OnBoard 35 and if I am not mistaken it is the tallest infant seat in the market, so if you want a long lasting one, that's a good one to go with. I don't know what the stroller is like, I have never pushed one.

Kat_Momof3

matching or coordinating?

because coordinating is doable... but for lots of walking for exercise, I'd definitely be looking on craigslist for strollers... so she can have a snap n' go and a light umbrella stroller or a light stroller that can recline fully for most trips... and an all-terrain stroller like the babytrend expedition or instep with the swivel wheel that can be locked for long walks over whatever terrain or light jogging.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's a 3 wheel jeep liberty at kmart for 129, and it looked black, maybe you can find a black infant seat that fits in it?
I just saw it today, so thought I'd mention it. Otherwise, that OB travel system is fine, really. (unless you can talk her out of the matchy matchy thing, I know that can be impossible with some new moms....)

mburks26

how old can the baby be to go in the stroller with out a car seat espically the ones with the 3 wheels the one at kmart the kolcraft jeep one does not hold car seats.

what is a snap and go like the stroller frame things

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC