New seats at my Target

AnnaC

I apologize if this is old news, or if there has already been a similar thread. I've been super busy and away for a week or so. I also apologize for the crappy cell phone pics- I didn't have my camera on me and my cell phone camera sucks.

So this morning first thing I ran out to Target to pick up some milk. And who doesn't do a quick walk-through the car seat aisle when they make a milk run? :whistle: I was rewarded well- they had done a complete re-do. Lots of new seats and covers.

There was the Evenflo Amp. They had all the seats zip tied to the wall, so I couldn't really pull it out and look at it- plus I was in a hurry to get home. I did like that the cupholders were just a stretchy piece of elastic- good for three acrossing.
IMG_20110726_081744.jpg

IMG_20110726_081750.jpg

They had some new My Ride covers, with the new infant inserts. They looked nice- a lot more substantial than the old ones. The bottom part was nice and firm, but the head part was a bit more squishable. Still seemed better for a newb though.
Resa:
IMG_20110726_081910.jpg

Preston:
IMG_20110726_081915.jpg

They had some new Turbo covers. I thought the girly one was really cute!

IMG_20110726_081835.jpg

I thought this one was really sharp looking.

IMG_20110726_081827.jpg

New Nauti covers. I liked them both, but the pink/brown one was just gorgeous IRL.
I believe it was Maura?
IMG_20110726_082017.jpg

Close up
IMG_20110726_0820271.jpg

Beckett:
IMG_20110726_082036.jpg

They had the Argos too.

IMG_20110726_0820501.jpg

IMG_20110726_082059.jpg

They also had the Safeseat, which I thought was a strange choice for Target. Seems like kindof a niche seat to me, not a Target seat. If they're going to sell a $300 seat, why not the Radian, or Boulevard, or Advocate? :confused: I guess because this is supposed to go from birth to booster?
We've all seen it before, but there it is at Target. :rolleyes:
IMG_20110726_082159.jpg

They also had that new weird Eddie Bauer, and that other new combination seat that's space looking- I can't remember the name. I didn't get pics of those cause I know I've seen threads about them recently, and I had to hurry out of there so DH could get to work!

I hope this isn't all old news and super boring. :eek: I just saw a whole new car seat aisle this morning and got all excited.

ADS

Spam

I think I need a trip to Target. The last time I was in ours (about two weeks ago) all the seats were on clearance so hopefully they have something new to check out.

AnnaC

I think I need a trip to Target. The last time I was in ours (about two weeks ago) all the seats were on clearance so hopefully they have something new to check out.

I've been reading everywhere about Target having seats on clearance! But all I've ever seen on clearance at ours was the Big kid boosters. :thumbsdown:

cookie123

The Argos' straps look narrow. Could you tell if there were any improvements to the crotch strap distance, or any other obvious improvements?

AnnaC

The Argos' straps look narrow. Could you tell if there were any improvements to the crotch strap distance, or any other obvious improvements?

I didn't look closely. I only had a second because I had to get home so DH could get to work. Plus they had the seats zip tied to the rack! :thumbsdown: You couldn't really take them down to look at them at all. Of course, I could have seen the crotch strap from there, but I didn't think to look. If I get back there anytime soon I can try to check for you.

cookie123

I went over to check if the Argos was at my Target, and it wasn't! Oh, well. News will come in time. Must be patient.:)

vamom

No argos, or highback amp, or smartseat at my target. We did get those new covers pictured, and a purple amp, plus a blue and pink grafetti amp. We have that new classic britax cover with the stripes. Then we had the air seat , I think air essential or something? It was hideous.

PunkyMonkey

We have only one marathon classic the grey one and one RA in that brown & pink one and that's it for nice seats. I'm hoping they ditch the comfort sports and get something worth buying! Also nothing on clearance for us besides some Graco boosters :-/

I have to peruse the car seat isle every time I'm at Target or BRU no matter what!!!!!

AnnaC

Ok, so I was back this morning.

I'm not super familiar with the Nautilus. But just comparing the Argos that was there to the Nauti that was right next to it, the crotch straps were the same length, and they both had 2 slots.

As far as head slump- it *looked* like the headrest was more smooth with the body of the seat. But I think it might just look that way because of the fabric padding piece that hangs down off of the headrest. You'd probably have to get a kid in the seat, or at least be able to get it off the shelf:rolleyes: to be able to tell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC